Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOW-TO 1.1.3 Jailbreak] w/ everything working (AT&T)

Quote Originally Posted by Nishua View Post
    What do you mean by CHMOD amendment the 0777 thingy ?
    yes. I did the 0777 thing the first time and it didn't respond. I copied it again without specifying 0777 (left it default), wrote over the file and it worked.

I guess when you said do it twice but leave the CHMOD amendment you weren't talking about that lockfile because I left that alone and it didn't work. I'm starting over for the 3rd time now so if someone could give me some explanations to what the hell went wrong I would appreciate it. I saw another user who had a similar problem but I couldn't fix it.
    yes, I was referring to lockdownd.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    yes. I did the 0777 thing the first time and it didn't respond. I copied it again without specifying 0777 (left it default), wrote over the file and it worked.

yes, I was referring to lockdownd.
    When you said "you did it a second time" did you mean you start over from scratch or just swapped files since the 0777 wasn't working? Sorry, I'm just trying to be precise because one mishap and things don't work correctly.

i did this process and used Dev Team's installer jailbreak. i got the emergency screen again and unplugged and replugged the fone back to computer. Itunes restored my backup info and activated my fone at this time.

so my question is, is my fone fine now even though i didn't have to go through step 13?

Thanks guys.

Thanks

Originally Posted by uclexx View Post
    I have an iPhone purchased during launch. It currently has 1.1.3 on it and I tried to do the second step and restore to the 1.1.1 image and it immeadiately fails saying it cannot restore error (1). I dont seem to get the other errors people are getting after the restore attempt. I then just use independence to kick it back out. I'm running on leopard and iTunes 7.6. It seems like might be stuck on 1.1.3. Has anyone had problems trying to downgrade?

I had the same problem, all I did was use iBrickr to reboot and go back and shift-click restore of 1.1.1 and then it went as planned. I made sure to do another shift-click restore to 1.1.1 after that to make sure it was restored twice to 1.1.1.

dp

When you said "you did it a second time" did you mean you start over from scratch or just swapped files since the 0777 wasn't working? Sorry, I'm just trying to be precise because one mishap and things don't work correctly.
    I'm referring only to the lockdownd file.

I uploaded it once with the CHMOD of 0777 and it didn't work. So I copied over that lockdownd file with one that I didn't change the default CHMOD of...and my wireless began working.
    Last edited by adrian1480; 2008-02-02 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to adrian1480 For This Useful Post:

Nishua (2008-02-02)

dp

I uploaded it once with the CHMOD of 0777 and it didn't work. So I copied over that lockdownd file with one that I didn't change the default CHMOD of...and my wireless began working.

I tried that and my iphone locked up it wouldn't even load past the apple logo. I;m going to try the process over again this time leaving the CHMOD alone. Hopefully, all goes well.

Thanks

I tried that and my iphone locked up it wouldn't even load past the apple logo. I;m going to try the process over again this time leaving the CHMOD alone. Hopefully, all goes well.
    That happen to me too. I used 0555 which is the default setting and it worked for me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zwayne For This Useful Post:

lotush2002 (2008-02-02)

well, i finally got my 1.1.3 jailbroken and working. Bigdogjonx said, the lockdownd method did not work for me as I am also on ATT. My phone was activated before doing that, and after I copied the new lockdownd file, my phone was unactivated, so I had to delete the file to get it to activate again. And for those ATT users still having trouble with their voicemail password, just go into your att account online and reset your voicemail password. Simple.

Thanks to all the people that made this jailbreak possible, especially the dev team!!!!

dp

I want to thank you for taking the time to reply to my questions. Now don't misunderstand what I am about to say because I'm not trying to discredit you, but you are giving me a solution to problem I'm just not sure if your solution is the fix to my problem.

My Iphone failed to activate when I used Itunes and Itunes gave me an error 0xE800022 did you have a similar problem and what you are suggesting is the fix? Or is your solution a fix to another problem. I'm going to try you method regardless I just don't want to get my hopes up.

Thanks

When you put the lockdown file in try 0555 for the permission. That worked for me.

im getting so fed up with this phone, im on the verge of selling it and getting something else, as i really dont need the phone for most of the non jailbroken apps it has.

i tried the method in the first post of this subject word for word, and ibrickr 1.1.3 didnt do anything it basically left me with a jailbroken 1.1.2 and the installer would crash everytime i went to it.

then i tried every step and instead of using ibrickr i used the dev team installer 1.1.3 method, and that left me with the plug and itunes on my phone, and got the error message on itunes of 0xE800022

so what the hell can i do here. i think im out of options.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Thanks

I need some help

IM on step 10 and when i try t use the windows.bat file it just opens realy quick and then closes. Itunes tells me there is a new version 1.1.3 would i like to download and install it now, i tried hitting cancel and then closing iTunes like the readme file said to do that came with the windows.bat file but still no luck.

anybody please help me out lol first time doin this and im not sure where to do now....

10. Jailbreak 1.1.2
    Extract the 1.1.2 jailbreak package and open the windows.bat file
    Tell it to boot your phone.
    After the boot is complete, don't bother with installing SSH, and tell it to Jailbreak your phone.
    This jailbreak takes quite a while, and will boot your phone a few times IIRC.

Thanks

Original quote:i tried the method in the first post of this subject word for word, and ibrickr 1.1.3 didnt do anything it basically left me with a jailbroken 1.1.2 and the installer would crash everytime i went to it.

then i tried every step and instead of using ibrickr i used the dev team installer 1.1.3 method, and that left me with the plug and itunes on my phone, and got the error message on itunes of 0xE800022

Use the regular iBrickr, not the 1.1.3 Special edition from Nate's upgrade if you are using the Dev. upgrade.
    Last edited by bhz1; 2008-02-02 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Editied to include quote for clarity

Thanks

what?

Thanks

Quote: need some help

IM on step 10 and when i try t use the windows.bat file it just opens realy quick and then closes. Itunes tells me there is a new version 1.1.3 would i like to download and install it now, i tried hitting cancel and then closing iTunes like the readme file said to do that came with the windows.bat file but still no luck.

anybody please help me out lol first time doin this and im not sure where to do now....

I had the same thing happen. Reboot with the regular iBricker and then try to open windows.bat again. Worked for me that way.
    Last edited by bhz1; 2008-02-02 at 10:04 PM. Reason: edited to include quote for clarity

Thanks

regular ibrickr window doesnt have anything about rebooting
    more info?

iTunes is telling me sim is not supported....
    Last edited by kutrackkid; 2008-02-02 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kutrackkid View Post
    regular ibrickr window doesnt have anything about rebooting
    more info?
    Close out of iBrickr, and any other programs like iTunes you may have open. Remove iPhone from dock and replace in dock, reopen iBrickr. See if that helps. If not... then I'm clueless as well. Good luck

Thanks

nothing at all still just opens then closes relaly fast , what would happen if i reupgrade to 1.1.3 and start over again?

will it brick my phone if i iTunes update back t 1.1.3 and try again>?

i got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didnt have the latest java installed haha wow who would have thought.

thanks for your help guys
    Last edited by kutrackkid; 2008-02-02 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    Original quote:i tried the method in the first post of this subject word for word, and ibrickr 1.1.3 didnt do anything it basically left me with a jailbroken 1.1.2 and the installer would crash everytime i went to it.

Use the regular iBrickr, not the 1.1.3 Special edition from Nate's upgrade if you are using the Dev. upgrade.

i did

does this 1.1.3 ibrickr even work? cuz the first time it left me with a 1.1.2 with an installer that keeps crashing now the 2nd time im trying it leave me with the incorrect sim message with the itunes and plug picture. the thing is useless
    Last edited by sab3083; 2008-02-02 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i am at the very last step of the jailbreak, and cannot figure out the lockdownd file transfer process...please help!
    bty you guys are brilliant.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast