Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOW-TO 1.1.3 Jailbreak] w/ everything working (AT&T)

Has anyone else had a problem installing the 1.1.3 soft package from installer? My phone hangs on the boot screen with the apple logo and iTunes won't recognize it.

Thanks

Bluetooth works fine for me, i didn't even have to re-pair my earpiece.

Mail I'm not so sure about. my mail Comcast mail downloads fine but both my Yahoo and gmail accounts seem to do nothing. the progress indicator spins and no messages download. I may try the mail fix tweak.

Need help stuck in 1.1.2. won't jailbreak 1.1.2. When I open batch file there is no boot to phone only boot from recovery and that won't even work unless it literally takes hours. Phone is totally functional but it even refuses to upgrade to 1.1.3. Please help!!!

okay question i followed the tut to a T except i skipped step 11 performed 12 then installed the "official 1.1.3 upgrade" it took a while for everything to be done but the the phone rebooted i connected it to itunes and it works fine my with installer app and everything working fine(except summerboard not recognizing new themes) question is do i still need to perform step 13? and if i do can i use iphonebrowser instead of winscp seeing as i dont have wifi in my house and did all the other steps piggybacking my neighbors connection?

Quote Originally Posted by wine_guy View Post
    @robodeath, it sounds like you might not be on 1.1.1. Make sure the downgrade was successful. Did you get the "1015" error both times after loading the 1.1.1 sw twice?

Yes, I do get this error both times. I was getting error 1 but I found that I wasn't actually in restore mode. So I rebooted correctly and did the 1.1.1 twice and got error 1015 both times. Is there any way I can check to see what version i'm at(please note that at this point i'm at the slide for emergency incorrect SIM screen)?

I dont suppose there is a manual method of doing what jailbreakme.com does is there?? It absolutely will not work for me, I have done the whole process of upgrading to 1.1.3 and downgrading to 1.1.1 (2 times), about 6 times now, and jailbreakme.com will just not work....

This worked perfectly.

Thank you

Allan

Default AT&T activation after jailbreak 1.1.3
    I did go thorugh all of steps and finally my iphone got jailbroken with 1.1.3.
    However, connecting itune does not activate iphone. Of course I am ATT contract.

Thanks
    Hey, everything went well up until part 13 i keep getting "host does not exist" are there some other settings or something that i need to change cause I'm almost there just have to get the phone part to work again

Quote Originally Posted by llpoohjmmi View Post
    I did go thorugh all of steps and finally my iphone got jailbroken with 1.1.3.
    However, connecting itune does not activate iphone. Of course I am ATT contract.

It activated instantly with mine, just as it said it would. Maybe a step was missed or just could be hit or miss.

Thanks
    i installed winscp just like it said and when i went to log in it said host didnt exist it is the ip address and not the imei correct

Quote Originally Posted by Angry78 View Post
    i installed winscp just like it said and when i went to log in it said host didnt exist it is the ip address and not the imei correct
    install Services and make sure SSH is turned on.

Also, the first time you log in via winscp, it will take longer than normal and may give an error and ask if you want to abort. you don't want to abort. Let it run and it'll eventually ask you for a username/pass.

Thanks
    i think i might have used the wrong ssh i used the "openssh" in sources

no it was systems
    Last edited by Angry78; 2008-02-02 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey, everything went well up until part 13 i keep getting "host does not exist" are there some other settings or something that i need to change cause I'm almost there just have to get the phone part to work again
    what username did you use? try

mobile
    alpine
    Last edited by minitrk; 2008-02-02 at 06:16 AM.

i think i might have used the wrong ssh i used the "openssh" in sources

no it was systems
    you'd need both installed. openssh is the SSH program. "Services" just allows you to turn it on and off (so that you can turn it off, ensuring that people can't simply log into and hack your phone).

make sure both are installed and that SSH is turned "ON" in "services". then try logging in (after verifying the IP the phone is getting).

Thanks

Host name - Ip
    User name - root
    Password - alpine

Make sure that SSH is installed & turn on

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    Host name - Ip
    User name - root
    Password - alpine

Make sure that SSH is installed & turn on
    don't forget!

If using WinSCP, you also need to set Protocol

File Protocol: SCP (not SFTP)

Thanks
    ok i have service and it is on. i set protocol to scp. i put in the wifi address 60 second time out and it still gives me host does not exist. Dude i am so close but i am rdy to give up

should the port still be set at 22 or does it not matter
    Last edited by Angry78; 2008-02-02 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

What version of WinScp or you using? v.4.6 is out
    Are you sure you have SSH installed & on?

Thanks
    4.0.6 and i am sure it is on

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast