Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOW-TO 1.1.3 Jailbreak] w/ everything working (AT&T)

I just jailbreaked 1.1.3 using nate trues method. The music i purchesd from itunes will not play. All other music will play though.

I have installed:
    Custom Ringtones
    IPhysics
    gpSPHONE
    pocketguitar
    BallFight
    TTR
    BossTool
    Fall
    Sand
    OpenSSh
    BSD Subsystem
    Big Boss Ringtone Fix
    --------------------------

Thanks!!!

When I click Install Appsnap it just goes back to the "incorrect SIM" screen and sits there. I've tried it for a few days now, let it sit for 15 minutes sometimes. Am I doing something wrong?

Start at 1.1.3
    DFU to 1.1.1
    Restore 1.1.1 again
    Dial *#306#
    Dial 0, answer, hold, decline
    MAke entry for prefs: and jailbreakme.com
    Set up my wifi and no autolock
    Go to jailbreakme.com
    SCroll to bottom and hit INstall appsnap
    Goes back to incorrect sim screen and nothing happens

3. The Following User Says Thank You to robodeath For This Useful Post:

ab03 (2008-02-01)

@robodeath, it sounds like you might not be on 1.1.1. Make sure the downgrade was successful. Did you get the "1015" error both times after loading the 1.1.1 sw twice?

Quote Originally Posted by robodeath View Post
    When I click Install Appsnap it just goes back to the "incorrect SIM" screen and sits there. I've tried it for a few days now, let it sit for 15 minutes sometimes. Am I doing something wrong?

Start at 1.1.3
    DFU to 1.1.1
    Restore 1.1.1 again
    Dial *#306#
    Dial 0, answer, hold, decline
    MAke entry for prefs: and jailbreakme.com
    Set up my wifi and no autolock
    Go to jailbreakme.com
    SCroll to bottom and hit INstall appsnap
    Goes back to incorrect sim screen and nothing happens
    it does go back to that screen but then after 10 seconds it will reboot on its own. then it will again go back to that screen but this time it will be an "ipod touch"

I'm getting stuck on step #10. I can't get the windows.bat file from the 1.1.2 jailbreak to boot my phone. I keep getting an error that says the program has stopped working. Any help that anyone can give me would be great thanks.

Default Upgrade to 1.1.3
    I completed "Install BSD 2.0".
    However, after installing "1.1.3 soft upgrade", SSH was removed.
    In instruction 12, it says "install the latest version of SSH".

So, is the software removed by installing "1.1.3 soft upgrade"?
    If it is natural, why does the next step 13 indicate that root/alpine?

And I install "OpenSSH" from installer, but I cannot see the app in menu. How can I turn it on to complete the last step?

Quote Originally Posted by Killa_Kev View Post
    im trying to conect to winscp. i enter the ip adress off my iphone, enter the user name and password, then a get a box that pops up and says network error. ]

can anyone help me ?
    Hey man i had the same problem and i later found out that i did not have shh installed so download openshh from installer. Hope it helps!

bump

so what do i do about my wifi? why wont it connect?

i just like to say it all worked up until the ibrickr special edition,did not work my iphone jeeps restarting ,so after 6 trys i used the dev jailbreak,but i did everything else you saidand it worked out great thanks

u dont have to see it because its there just install it

try downloading it again and,i had to restart my cpu sometimes because i have vista
    Last edited by loster4play; 2008-02-01 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by chrismmm View Post
    same here. identified ip, extended the timeout to 90 and cannot connect...WTF?
    Install Services from AppTapp and make sure SSH is turned on. It may actually not be.

Also, let the SSH probram (WinSCP?) wait. It'll tell you its timed out. It will do that the first time because it takes longer the first time. DON'T ABORT. Just let it work. It'll eventually prompt for username and pass.

If you're not using WinSCP, try that. Shouldn't make any difference, but WinSCP has yet to let me down.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaboi318 View Post
    The Safari cant come up and i dont know why,

I got all the way to the wIfi part step 6 i believe and it wouldnt come up, any suggestions?
    double-check to ensure you entered the url correctly.
    Last edited by adrian1480; 2008-02-01 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Smile awesome
    thanks. very understandable. THANKS!
    Last edited by redbush0890; 2008-02-01 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by llpoohjmmi View Post
    I completed "Install BSD 2.0".
    However, after installing "1.1.3 soft upgrade", SSH was removed.
    In instruction 12, it says "install the latest version of SSH".

So, is the software removed by installing "1.1.3 soft upgrade"?
    If it is natural, why does the next step 13 indicate that root/alpine?

And I install "OpenSSH" from installer, but I cannot see the app in menu. How can I turn it on to complete the last step?
    I just did it and it worked. afterwards I realised that shh was not showing up and reenstalled it. My advice go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by loster4play View Post
    i just like to say it all worked up until the ibrickr special edition,did not work my iphone jeeps restarting ,so after 6 trys i used the dev jailbreak,but i did everything else you saidand it worked out great thanks

u dont have to see it because its there just install it

try downloading it again and,i had to restart my cpu sometimes because i have vista

I had the same issue and if you read backwards your not alone. What I did that worked.

FAQ
    This guide works for 1.1.2 OTB phones w/ the latest bootloader.
    This method and guide was designed for nate true's jailbreak. But it will also work with either Dev Teams or MMI's Jailbreak. If you wish to use Devteams or MMi's, follow the same steps except skip 11. Perform step 12 first, and then proceed with either the Devteam jailbreak or MMi Jailbreak. Then, proceed to step 13.
    Some have reported troubles with password saving, there's a fix: please add BigBoss's repository to your Installer http://sleepers.net/iphonrepo There's two files to install, under 1.1.3 tweaks > Mailfix and Prefs fix.

I used the MMi Jailbreak which is labeled the official 1,1,3 updater or something official in the installer apps. All I can say is it worked. It took about 45 minutes to completly install so make sure you have a full charge on your battery. SKIP step 11 as it says above and don't forget to do step 13 or you wil have no phone. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by pospower; 2008-02-01 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This Methood worked Great for me. Took me 3 tries but that was my own fault for not reading word for word. The only think that didnt work was my mail would not save my password. D/L Mailfix 1.1.3 and now Im good. Thank you so much for your hard work.

Does any know if the signal issue was resolved with using the Dev Team's release instead of the MMi version of the JB?
    iPhone 8GB 1.1.3 Jailbroken

If I helped you out any, please Thank me!

Finally got all the way through it. Everything seems to be working ok. The only think I've noticed is now Itunes recognizes my phone as untitled playlist instead of My Iphone.

this method worked great for me. no problems whatsoever

i did end up losing all my text messages because I had a 1.1.3 phone (with a 1.1.3 backup) and I couldn't get around the 1.1.1 screen asking me if I wanted to start with a new phone or restore from a backup (which wouldn't have worked). I think at some point, the automatic sync got checked again. watch out for this.

Hi I am working with Vista and do not own a mac.

I am having problems with 1.1.3. I tired the new version they posted in installer and it froze my phone and it kept restarting and showing up a bunch of background code. I finally got itunes to work. But now i am on a 1.1.3 but not jail broken.

I tried to downgrade to 1.1.1 but I think it no longer recognizes the older firmware, so iTunes Restore fails with an unknown error (1).

If i continue the directions and use iBricker, at first i get the Red Background, the phone restarts, iTunes confirms my phone on it, but the version still says 1.1.3. I ignore it and continue to free my phone on iBricker the phone turns green. Then bunch of code appear until i disconnect my phone. I searched a bit on google and i noticed others have the same issue. I managed to reset my phone again to 1.1.3.

Have you heard of this or do you know anyone who knows how to fix this issue?

Here's a link to the website where some people discussed this issue but did not provide any certain explanation on what happened and how to fix it.

http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/ipho...tured-on-video

Thanks for all your help!!!

Kenny

Thanks

This method worked like a charm, with a few "glitches" I encountered.

My phone was originally an OOB 1.0.2 that was jailbroken at 1.1.1 and 1.1.2. I followed this guide, but did the Dev. jailbreak using installer.

My first issue was that at my first attempt to downgrade to 1.1.1, i received an error (1) unable to restore iPhone and was stuck in restore mode. On a hunch I rebooted the phone with iBrickr and was still at stock 1.1.3. I then closed out of iTunes and powerd my phone off then on again and then opened iTunes again and reconnected my phone. Shift -clicked restore again and this time it did allow the restore to 1.1.1. I then had no further issues until I was ready to jailbreak 1.1.2.

When I first followed the instruction to double click on windows.bat i received a message telling me I needed to have oktoprep despite the fact that I had done that. It again left me stuck at the restore screen. Afain I opened up iBrickr and had it reboot my phone. I then retried the doubleclick on windows.bat in the 1.1.2 jailbreak pack and it successfully completed.

I had decided to try the "official 1.1.3 jailbreak" from Installer. Everything downloaded fine, I was a bit confused about wether to choose "hacktivation" or to restore my phone or not, but since I'm on ATT I chose "no" for "hacktivation" and "yes" for "restoring". Then I sat and waited and got nervous becasue as installer was doing its thing i was browsing MMi and found th thread where it clearly said to choose "yes" for "hacktivation" even if you are a legitimate ATT customer, if not the upgrade would fail. I scrolled down and found a post written by someone who also chose no and had a successful upgrade so I kept my fingers crossed.

Everything went fine, my phone had activated itself before the tutorial said it would and I copied the lockdownd file. rebooted my phone and success! I am currently resyncing in iTunes.

One weird thing i noticed is that with the new iTunes 7.6, it gets stuck on asking me my Outlook password when syncing contacts and it stays at that point in the sync until i hit "cancel". The sync will then continue with no further issues.

So now I have to just wait for sync to complete then i can go about reinstalling all my apps and themes.

Thanks to all of the wonderful and talented folks who worked hard on getting Summerboard updated for 1.1.3 That is what I was waiting for (along with Customize).

If all goes well, I will be attempting this on my son's brand new OOB 1.1.3 that he bought yesterday. He's as hooked on this device as i am and is dying for themes.

Still only 1/2 done with sync. ...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

singhkenny (2008-02-01)

Thanks

Duplicate post removed. Sorry- I didn't even hit refresh!
    Last edited by bhz1; 2008-02-01 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Accidental duplicate post

This worked great. I am having two small issues.

1. Has anyone had problems with Bluetooth working? Can't get it connect to my car, it finds it but won't accept the pass key.

2. I can't setup my gmail account it saves the password, but when I go and hit on the mail button I get a message saying no password.

Any ideas?

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast