Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOW-TO 1.1.3 Jailbreak] w/ everything working (AT&T)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Oh Yea This Worked Like A Charm... Thanks You So Much !!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Ok so I tried this and after the final step my phone boots to the apple logo. I got it in recovery mode..tried booting it with iBrickr and now I just have the usb cable and the logo with a red screen. Not booting. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by mikenoecker View Post
    FYI........................

PSYBERT says that this method does NOT work UNLESS you activate via Itunes after completion of the guide. So basically this jailbreak is just to add third party apps to the 1.1.3 firmware. SOOOOOO... According to Psy, if you never activated with Itunes and DO NOT have an AT&T iPhone account, do not use this method UNLESS you want the iPhone plan from AT&T and the extra $20 a month data plan!

If anyone has info or experience otherwise, PLEASE let me know!!! Thanks Guys!!!!

MikeNoecker
    Yes. Just re-emphasizing this fact. This is for the legitimate iPhone users paying for the carrier and phone specific iPhone data plan.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to psybert For This Useful Post:

mikenoecker (2008-01-30)

I'm having trouble with 2 things afterwards:
    1) I cannot pair my phone with any blue tooth device. I've tested an ear piece that pairs beautiffully with my wife's simple (compared to the iphone) nokia and will not work with the iphone. I will start with both devices off, turn the ear piece onto pairing mode, turn the iphone onto pairing mode. The iphone will recognize a headset (sometimes the specific model), I'll tap on it and enter the passcode, the iphone bluetooth icon in the top right blinks a couple of times, the ear piece goes into operational mode then the iphone goes back to the main screen and says it is not paired and I cannot make or receive calls with the ear piece.

2) every now and then, i keep getting a message saying that i have an incorrect voicemail password.

Anyone have help for me?

THanks.

Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by tntmorgan View Post
    I'm having trouble with 2 things afterwards:
    1) I cannot pair my phone with any blue tooth device. I've tested an ear piece that pairs beautiffully with my wife's simple (compared to the iphone) nokia and will not work with the iphone. I will start with both devices off, turn the ear piece onto pairing mode, turn the iphone onto pairing mode. The iphone will recognize a headset (sometimes the specific model), I'll tap on it and enter the passcode, the iphone bluetooth icon in the top right blinks a couple of times, the ear piece goes into operational mode then the iphone goes back to the main screen and says it is not paired and I cannot make or receive calls with the ear piece.

2) every now and then, i keep getting a message saying that i have an incorrect voicemail password.

Anyone have help for me?

THanks.

Tim.
    1. I don't know, new problem to me. I use the iPhone bluetooth headset just fine

2. install the big boss repo, and under the 1.1.3 tweaks there's one in there that fixes the saved password issue. I don't have this problem yet, but some do.

so witch is better to use...NATETURE's jailbreak or DEVTEAM's jailbreak... im not shure witch to use b/c many people said there are pros and conds with both...like Nate's cant use SDK apps in the future and DEV's Diskspace or what not on both end...so bottom line is witch to use?-thanks

So has any one (maybe the guy who discovered the lockdownd hack) figured out what's up with the signal problem?

I know that with upgrades our BBs changed but could it possibly be due to what our OTB versions were? Maybe there are some subtile differences.

Mine was an OTB 1.1.2 and I'm an AT&T user with an iPhone plan.
    iPhone 8GB 1.1.3 Jailbroken

If I helped you out any, please Thank me!

Quote Originally Posted by EffeXTC View Post
    So has any one (maybe the guy who discovered the lockdownd hack) figured out what's up with the signal problem?

I know that with upgrades our BBs changed but could it possibly be due to what our OTB versions were? Maybe there are some subtile differences.

Mine was an OTB 1.1.2 and I'm an AT&T user with an iPhone plan.
    well, it might be that OTB 1.1.2 are the only people experiencing the problem but it seems like a lot of OTB 1.1.2 ARE NOT experiencing the problem.

OK, I'm finally taking the plunge. I'll let you know how it goes in 2 hours.

(BTW OTB 1.1.1).

Default Lockdownd
    Just a quick question,

Is there a specific reason why lockdownd must be set to 0777? The old lockdownd is at 0555. I changed my new one from 0777 to 0555 and it works just fine.

Also, if anyone is having the voicemail password problem, you have to add sleepers.net/iphonerepo to your sources in installer. Then go to 1.1.3 tweaks and install the 1.1.3 Mailfix.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Razorinthe60s's Avatar
    Thanks

Canor should it be okay to do this if I did a softudate then updated with saves

iPhone? More like MyPhone Razorinthe60s's Avatar
    Thanks

Canor should it be okay to do this if I did a softudate then updated with saves

In case anyone is wondering, you can downgrade your baseband modem as long as it was 1.1.1 OTB or earlier. There are instructions on iphone.unlock.no

This is useless... The official ConceitedSoftware version of the 1.1.3 jailbreak leaves your iphone with no sound (absolutely nothing, not just no ringtones) and cant play movies or anything.

The Modmyifone verion was sweet, and didnt screw anything up.

Please put the modmyi installer back up!

PLEASE!

When I go to installer.app to install "ocktoprep" it is not listed anywhere. Any ideas???

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk311 View Post
    When I go to installer.app to install "ocktoprep" it is not listed anywhere. Any ideas???
    tweek 1.1.1 "oktoprep"

Quote Originally Posted by eyallevi9 View Post
    tweek 1.1.1 "oktoprep"
    It's not in there. I even looked under recent packages and all packages. It's just not there

ok, ive tried this 4 times this evening and all 4 times, my phone wont activate. i have a att sim card too. any ideas?

for thoes with i tune error when try to activate they need to downlod 1.1.3 upgrade from installer the ibrickr-jb113 only install the software into you iphone .afterword you download the file lockdownd, and for jailbreak 1.1.2 you need to use soft provided in this topics when you get error open the soft ,first select boot to recovery and after you jail break the iphone but make sure your wi-fi active.

I'm at step 6 and I go to Jailbreakme.com and hit install app, safari crashes but It never reboots just stays there..I've tried this like 5 times now any suggestions??

you need to cinnect ur iphone to i tune then do it again it will work make sure u got ver1.1.1

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast