Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading to 2.0.1 with jailbroken, unlocked 1st gen iphone

Question Upgrading to 2.0.1 with jailbroken, unlocked 1st gen iphone
    This one is simple - I tunes is begging me to upgrade to 2.0.1 everytime I touch it.

After all the problems i had with 2.0 I am hesitant to press the yes button.

Please tell me what to do to ensure i don't put my Jailbroken, unlocked 1st gen 16gb iphone out of action for another couple of weeks.

No don't do it, i have always read that it is better to wait until the newest firmware has been unlocked and jail broken, don't regret it, patience is key, i too have an unlocked first gen 2.0 iphone, even though i have heard that 2.0.1 clears up all the keyboard lag, and app loads much faster, cant wait till they get to it
    EXPERIENCE FROM THE PAST | TECHNOLOGY FOR THE FUTURE

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thebug3000 For This Useful Post:

wmandi (2008-08-11)

tell you what to do?

ummmmm.....dont upgrade

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pineapple Devil For This Useful Post:

wmandi (2008-08-11)

The general word is that first gen iPhones can be updated to 2.0.1 without harm. If your iPhone has been Pwned and is running a pwned version of 2.0 you'll keep the unlock when you update to 2.0.1 but will lose the jailbreak. So, your iPhone is fully functional with the exception of Cydia and third party apps you may have installed with Cydia.

Then again, why not wait a few days till the iPhone Dev Team come up with an update of Pwnagetool?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Yingie For This Useful Post:

wmandi (2008-08-11)

Don't do it! Just wait until it can be done right by the Devs.
    If you can't do it on one wheel, try harder!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kurrupt_1 For This Useful Post:

wmandi (2008-08-11)

Ok I have made the great mistake of upgrading to 2.0.1 and it is locked. I have no idea how to unlock it again. So DONT UPGRADE YET!!! If aanyone has sucessfully unlocked their 2.0.1 please help./

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ceo_shawn For This Useful Post:

wmandi (2008-08-11)

Hi everyone,
    I have successfully updated to 2.0.1 using the most fantastic and easy guide.
    You can find it on How to Update iPhone Firmware 1.1.4 to 2.0.1 via WinPwn (VIDEO)!
    One thing to remember when you press shift and update you must grab the pwned file from your CDocuments and Settings\xxyournamexx\Application Data\cmw\winpwn\2.0.0.4\Custom-iPhone1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw.
    Have patience and it will work - good luck