Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: stuck in 2.0.1 :( .. help me get back to 1.1.4 please!

Default stuck in 2.0.1 :( .. help me get back to 1.1.4 please!
    well.. i WAS stuck in 2.0 and was working my way back to 1.1.4 when silly ol me went to re install 2.0 for the 100th time (hitting dead ends trying to get back to 1.1.4) and then i noticed... im on 2.0.1 now... fresh from itunes just to make getting back to 1.1.4 a little harder... anyone got any ideas? ive been trying everything from a moded version of ziphone to winpwn... cant seem to get past errors one place or another.

milkindamonkey,

Sorry to hear the news, Im also trying to get back to 1.1.4 and almost did the 2.1 upgrade... best bet is to try the "itunes 7.5" method to get back to 1.1.4.
    Home that helps, good luck!

i've had success with tatoojack's posted method using iliberty. but from what i understand it's the same method as going from 2.0 to 1.1.4.

just alot a good amount of time, don't rush, follow the instructions to the T, and have a TV show ready so that when you run something, you have something to distract you so you don't prematurely kill something that is running but you think is "frozen". That is a good way to get yourself into even more trouble.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cartman13 For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (2008-08-09)

Thanks

just alot a good amount of time, don't rush, follow the instructions to the T, and have a TV show ready so that when you run something, you have something to distract you so you don't prematurely kill something that is running but you think is "frozen". That is a good way to get yourself into even more trouble.
    This is excellent advice. I was just about to post a similar tidbit of wisdom on another thread. I usually turn the iphone face down on the desk and go off to do something else for a while. I do think that many peoblems are casue by people prematurely stopping some of these processes before they are done. SOme take a very long time. I do admit though there are times when one needs to use a bit of intuition or clairvoyance to know when to pack it in and try again vs waiting for "nature to take its course".