Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Clean up/disk space - v 1.1.3

Default Clean up/disk space - v 1.1.3
    Hi

Finally took the plunge and upgraded to 1.1.3, work perfectly well.

Although i don't have any phone capacity (i dont use NextSim or TurboSim or what soever)

however, i can see on my itunes that I have 250mb of 'Other use',

Does anyone know what these are? And how to remove them.

I have removed the upgrade file already, it did take away my 300MB used to upgrade to 1.1.3

Thanks

DUDE!!!!!!! You know your OFFICIALLY "That guy"!!! Installer fixes this gerr!!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone techgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

No it doesn't that clean storage app doesn't work. We are looking for a manual answer.

Techgirl at your service... Modding MyPhone since Day 1!

AIM: lindseycholmes
    Facebook: lindseycholmes

Yes, i am wondering about the exact same thing. My Nate upgraded 1.1.3 has approx. 250 mb of "Other" and I also already did the 300 mb fix (after fix I manually deleted the 300 mb from trashcan with MobileFinder).
    I have been looking through the filesystem, but I can't find anything yet .......

I read a discussion on Apple Support and it seams that it's an iTunes issue. One of two things is happening:

1) iTunes 7.6 is reading the other data amount wrong or
    2) iTunes 7.6 is reading the space the OS and scratch space is using as other, while 7.5 and previous just didn't report it.

Its being confirmed as people with iPhones have plugged into 7.6 and directly into 7.5 with out syncing and noticed the other data reported would go from ~180mb to less than 10.
    Last edited by Lau; 2008-02-01 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lau For This Useful Post:

ianncc (2008-06-05)

Quote Originally Posted by Lau View Post
    Yes, i am wondering about the exact same thing. My Nate upgraded 1.1.3 has approx. 250 mb of "Other" and I also already did the 300 mb fix (after fix I manually deleted the 300 mb from trashcan with MobileFinder).
    I have been looking through the filesystem, but I can't find anything yet .......

I read a discussion on Apple Support and it seams that it's an iTunes issue. One of two things is happening:

1) iTunes 7.6 is reading the other data amount wrong or
    2) iTunes 7.6 is reading the space the OS and scratch space is using as other, while 7.5 and previous just didn't report it.

Its being confirmed as people with iPhones have plugged into 7.6 and directly into 7.5 with out syncing and noticed the other data reported would go from ~180mb to less than 10.

i just confirmed this. my 7.6 box shows the wrong free amount. my 7.5 box shows the correct amount

Quote Originally Posted by monadzback View Post
    i just confirmed this. my 7.6 box shows the wrong free amount. my 7.5 box shows the correct amount
    But what shows up in the About box on your iPhone? Is it the correct one?
    PHILGIN SOLUTIONS INTERACTIVE
    http://www.philgin.com