Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 jailbreak problem with soft upgrade

Default 1.1.3 jailbreak problem with soft upgrade
    I'm upgrading from a jailbroken 1.1.2 and I really don't want to lose all my stuff.

However, it's been about an hour now since I started the 1.1.3 soft upgrade and I'm starting to get worried. Any tips? Or should I just leave it a little while longer...

EDIT: Just a little clarification. The installing bar is roughly half way, but it actually about 60%.
    Last edited by dilinator; 2008-01-26 at 05:56 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

An hour is probably a bit too long. What OS are you using? PC or Mac? I would start again and make sure if you are using PC to do windows xp compatability mode

My second iphone is getting stuck. I get through the install and everything and after the 1.1.3 pack download from installer.app it just hangs at the restore screen. Following everything to a T. What gives?

1.1.2OTB jailbroken>1.1.3jailbroken
    Windows Vista (with Windows XP SP2 compatability)
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2008-01-26 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Actually, choosing to wait it out was a good idea, it took 1.75 hours before anything came up on screen. Then one of those swirly catherine wheel type loading things came up and I breathed a sigh on relief. So all in all, about 2 hours... Not too shabby...

This was all done on vista.