Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Very confused about 1.1.3 jailbreak...

Default Very confused about 1.1.3 jailbreak...
    I am a 1.0.2 OTB. I upgraded to 1.1.3, and just downgraded to 1.1.1. Then I installed Oktoprep and updated to 1.1.2 and then jailbroke. I would like to get 1.1.3, but I am wary of doing it because of all the people that lose actual phone functionality. If i do the jailbreak, will my phone retain service? (i am locked with att and have never unlocked).

Also, and this may be even more important, when a new fw comes out, will i be able to update to it without any repucussions?

thanks for your help

If you jailbreak you will retain your phone service as it does nothing to the baseband which controls the phone functionality.

You'll be able to downgrade if you're unhappy with 1.1.3 or want to go to a newer firmware. If in the future you do decide to downgrade go back to 1.1.1 and then go from there.

ok im a wierd boat! i did that 1.1.3 vpatch for iphone for i wont get updated accidentally ! ok so now tht i did that i saw that the jailbreak is available now for 1.1.3 so i unistalled the vpatch and i rebooted my iphone and it still says 1.1.3 and now when i tried to do the jailbreak it says i need firmware 1.1.2 but i still have installer app and all 3rd party apps!!! so it looks like im jailbroken 1.1.3 but im really not that stupid patch thing is either messed up or something!! please any help!!