Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g sim-adapter: worked yesterday Now wont get signal

Thanks
    Question 3g sim-adapter: worked yesterday Now wont get signal
    Okay i have a 16g 3G 2.0, original i have t-mobile, but when me and my husband went up to the Apple store they wouldn't let us buy the 3G without a contract with AT&t so we had to shell out an extra $200 (on top of the price of phone itself) just to buy it. So i get home and spent a day on the web looking for unlocking tools. Well i ended up buying one of them Sim-unlock adapters, got it in the mail a couple days later, cut my t-mobile sim card and put the sim card and the adapter into my iphone and it worked just fine. Well i had to be selfish and wanted the cydia program so i jailbroke my phone with the winpwn tool and used the custom-restore with itunes 7.7 worked like a charm.

Well i woke up this morning and went to check my phone and it said that it had NO SIGNAL okay so i toke the sim out and out the AT&T sim (got with phone) and got perfect signal tried putting in my t-mobile + adapter and it still had no signal. So i did a factory restore tried the tmobile sim again and Same thing. But the At&t sim has no problem getting signal when it was jailbroke and when it wasn't.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG IF ANYTHING??????

__________________________________________________ _________

Okay im editing this cause i suddenly have signal now with my t-mobile sim and adapter but now want to ask whats the best safest way to jailbreak, i just want to get cydia or installer (when it's released)
    Last edited by missjojo02; 2008-08-04 at 11:17 PM. Reason: got signal
    I'M SO EFFIN' CLASSY