Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EDGE icon missing ( j'breaked 1.1.3 from 1.1.1)

Default EDGE icon missing ( j'breaked 1.1.3 from 1.1.1)
    My EDGE icon is gone ( internet and visual voicemail works fine. )
    Is this normal for the normal 1.1.3 ? Or for the j'breaked 1.1.3?

Yesterday I upgraded my 1.1.1 iPhone to the 1.1.3 jailbreaked firmware and I'm also missing the edge icon, even when Edge is working properly... any ideas on how to fix this?

Same situation for me. 1.1.1 upgrade to jailbroken 1.1.3 with AT&T. No edge icon. Most everything works except for YouTube which says I need edge or wifi. Works on WiFi, but doesn't work without that icon which leads me to believe that there actually is no working edge...

no edge icon and no stock ringtones

Found the problem. From 1.1.3 I redowngraded down to 1.1.1. I found that is a problem with the modem firmware from 1.1.1. If you downgrade to 1.1.1 then upgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbreak again then do the 1.1.3 jailbreak then it works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by iop9000 View Post
    no edge icon and no stock ringtones
    I'm also missing the Edge icon. Plus, after installing and running Boss Tool to move my wallpapers and ringtones, i can no longer hear my stock ringtones. They are available on the screen, but nothing plays. I can now hear my aftermarket ringtones fine, but no marimba! any thoughts?

I have the same problem with no Edge icon. Is there any fix yet, other than that 1.1.3 works perfect

sorry, double post
    Last edited by duncan888; 2008-01-28 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megahalo View Post
    Found the problem. From 1.1.3 I redowngraded down to 1.1.1. I found that is a problem with the modem firmware from 1.1.1. If you downgrade to 1.1.1 then upgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbreak again then do the 1.1.3 jailbreak then it works perfectly.
    I'm getting ready to try this now. Wish me luck. Anything else I should know about before I do this? Like won't work with US T-mobile or something?

I'm on 1.1.3 right now, but when I try and access youtube I get the EDGE or Wifi is needed error. I have already tried every patch through installer to fix this and it hasn't. I do, however, know that EDGE is available and working correctly even without the icon displayed(since wifi is off and I'm still surfing online). I can't seem to get locateme or navizon to work unless I have wifi on, but even then I can't get locateme to work. Once navizon has found me through wifi googlemaps locates me, but it doesn't keep finding me unless I enable wifi and go through navizion again(even if I don't turn the phone off). Any thoughts?

I have also the missing edge icon issue after a few hours.

Any solution yet?

Same here I downloaded the gprs/edge icon fix through installer and still nothing.

everything is working fine, and edge icon is the only thing that is missing, it looks kinda dull with only a square.

If anyone has figure out a way of fixing it without restoration or downgrade, please share with us... Thank You !!!

Same issue here. All good except cannot connect to EDGE. Tried re-doing the whole thing a few times. Tried resetting network settings. Tried switching EDGE on and off in BigBoss prefs. Still no luck.

Default Problem not solved but some clues poped up.
    Hi Guys

I have an unlocked 1.1.3 iphone. The edge Tab in network settings disappeared so I'm not able to set edge on my prepaid at&t sim card.
    I'm not american, so I tried my Chilean sim card in and this time the edge tab in network settings was there and I could use safari through it because it has international roaming.
    When I put back the at&t sim card, the edge tab had disappeared again and no internet connection available.

In my opinion, this is a problem with the carrier because it depends the kind of sim you have, the features available you'll find on your phone.

I hope this help somehow to our hackers. just that
    RoB

I finally got mine working:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79051

Quote Originally Posted by Megahalo View Post
    Same situation for me. 1.1.1 upgrade to jailbroken 1.1.3 with AT&T. No edge icon. Most everything works except for YouTube which says I need edge or wifi. Works on WiFi, but doesn't work without that icon which leads me to believe that there actually is no working edge...