View Poll Results: How did your upgrade go ?

Voters
380. You may not vote on this poll
  • Upgraded from a Jailbroken/unlocked 1.1.1

58 15.26%
  • Upgraded from a Jailbroken/unlocked 1.1.2

124 32.63%
  • Upgraded from a Jailbroken 1.1.1

21 5.53%
  • Upgraded from a Jailbroken 1.1.2

177 46.58%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Poll of successful 1.1.3 Jailbreak Upgrade

not a SINGLE definite answer yet. Any help on this???
    There are several posts on how to deal with this. The way to make space is to move the fonts, ringtones, and apps directories to /private/var and create symbolic links - this is the second partition where you keep all your music. It's very easy, simply install Community Sources 3.3, and Bigboss's Beta/Experimental Source. You will now find BossTool .35 under Utilities. Install it, run it, move your data. It will free up about 128 MB on the 300 MB / partition. Once you do this, you will need to install the SMB Themes Fix under tweaks so that SMB can find your Theme data. You definitely need to search a little harder because all of this information is widely discussed. Check out the Alert To Users posted in Misc in the Installer or read about it on the blog at

http://blog.psmxy.org/

Guys someone please tell me...i am using 1.1.2 Jailbroken and now can i safely upgrade to 1.1.3...is it safe, will i face any problem, is there any thing i have to take care of!

Deependra

I did a 'official dev team' upgrade from a cleanly installed 1.1.2 jailbroken phone, but I lost all the applications except installer, and a couple of others - even the dock was empty! Have since restored again to a jailbreaked 1.1.2

I did a 'official dev team' upgrade from a cleanly installed 1.1.2 jailbroken phone, but I lost all the applications except installer
    That is by design. You have to reinstall them after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by ishamiyal View Post
    That is by design. You have to reinstall them after the fact.
    I mean _all_ applications - even the Apple ones!

Well, that IS a problem I suppose, sorry..hehe.. I haven't seen that one. I wonder if that is the result of not enough space on the / partition before the install or some other snafu. I would be curious to know if they ended up on /private/var/Applications with no simlink back to their original location on /Applications...

Well this was a freshly installed iPhone. No applications (besides BSD subsystem), no music, photos, etc.

Bit stumped really. I really don't fancy trying again as it takes ages for the whole process, and there's nothing I'd actually be doing differently.

As I didn't have SSH installed at the time, I couldn't try and do any diagnosis. None of the remaining apps loaded, so just ended up having to restore 1.1.1->1.1.2 again.

What's frustrating is that I had originally done this with Nate's method, which was working perfectly. Then I foolishly decided to re-do the process with the official release :$
    Last edited by SadMac; 2008-02-04 at 04:27 PM. Reason: More info

Default Success
    I have an OTB 1.1.2 using Next Sim v4. I have successfully jailbroken and upgraded to firmware 1.1.3. WHERE DO I DONATE. I am on TMOBILE USA

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jktrelos For This Useful Post:

vinodis (2008-02-05)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I went from 1.0.2. (AT&T iPhone plan) to 1.1.3. Took me about 9 hours but it was fun. My only real regret is iRadio will install but won't run. I miss it a lot. I used it so much, I don't even us my iPod in the iPhone anymore. I miss RG.fm on the Chill channel at night when I'm trying to sleep, or drown out obnoxious cubicile mates at work.

I've found many apps won't install, or it says they install but I don't see them on the screen unless I turn off the phone and turn it back on. Weird.

I'm using the new Summerboard and I'm wondering now if I should uninstall that and try the old one. What's the difference?

hmm, Customize crashes back to Springboard (was working albeit slowly) and many of the Louis Mantia themes install but aren't visible in the list of selections in Summerboard.

hmm, Customize crashes back to Springboard (was working albeit slowly) and many of the Louis Mantia themes install but aren't visible in the list of selections in Summerboard.
    Last edited by Cal; 2008-02-04 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any advice? I upgraded my iphone from 1.0.2 and everything went perfect, I believe I used nates method. Now I just did my wifes phone, and nates method is gone, and i had no choice but to do the official 1.1.3 update in installer. Now the phone keeps saying slide for emergency in different languages. Itunes says the phone is bricked, and ibrickr want to put files on it and ringtones, and no matter how much i reboot it still won't go to the home screen. The phone is activated, and i even put the phone is stanby and had ibrickr restart the software but no luck still. I really want to p\kick someone's A$$ for taking down nates links on installer.

Thanks

1.1.3 downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbroke, 1.1.2 upgrade jailbreak, to devs 1.1.3 jailbreak, all successful with no problems

1.1.3 jailbroken here!

(had to start fresh from 1.1.1, jailbreakme.com to OktoPrep to 1.1.2 to windows.bat java jailbreak to DEV 1.1.3 upgrade through installer.app)

jailbroke and unlocked an OTBB 1.1.1. Upgraded to 1.1.2 and unlocked again and upgraded using the Official Dev Team upgrade to 1.1.3. No problems at all except for the phone # to name fix is no longer functional and am therefore unable to recognise the names from incoming calls.

i have probably jailbroken my ipod 10 times and updated to 1.1.3 twice!

its very simple and pretty cool that there are so many people working on the software for us to have all this!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colorado Steve's Avatar
    Thanks

The weirdest thing happened to me yesterday.

I have been jailbroken on 1.1.3 2 weeks after the DevTeam put it out on installer.
    Oh, life was great, no problems, nothing at all. I've read all about others problems and wondered why isnt this happeneing to me. Well yesterday I was listening to music doing some chores around the house and I just got done listening to a song and I was waiting a while for the next song to come play.(I was on shuffle) I thought that maybe is was a song that had a long silent intro. Well I looked at my phone and low and behold, it was on the activation screen.(USB pointing to iTunes icon) I dont know what the hell happened. Has anybody else come across this problem?

I havent downgraded yet because I'm reading on how to do it first. That that this was a bit weird though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am currently on a jailbroken 1.1.3 on at&t with full functionality..
    if you have ATT then you should upgrade to 1.1.3 so the base band is upgrade then download to 1.1.1 and go from there..Seems like everything functions more smoothly

I was on a jailbrkn 1.1.2 and i got there by doing the following
    restored to 1.1.1 and using the *#307* option to jailbreak/install installer
    then oktoprep to upgrade to 1.1.2. Thereafter i would run the official 1.1.3 upgrade from dev team.
    but i had a ton of problems with application corresponding with one another..
    categories and SMBprefs i believe was the cause

So i saw a manual for upgrading to 1.1.3 for ATT customer
    and that work flawlessly...i would highly recommend this update procedure..

the only major difference was it had you restore to 1.1.1 twice after upgrading to 1.1.3 then do the *#307* option to jailbreak/install installer, then oktoprep to upgrade to 1.1.2 then the dev jailbreak.. dont know why restoring it twice to 1.1.1 made a difference but it has
    Last edited by dmighty; 2008-02-06 at 07:35 PM.
    Major credit to the Programmers.
    Your efforts makes the IPHONE that much better. Thank You! Without you, There is no Us!!

I believe in beta testing for free and paying for Smooth integrated, Compatible, and functioning Apps.

I bought my phone with the 1.1.2 stock and upgraded to 1.1.3. I then just last night went through the process of jailbreaking upto 1.1.3. Everything works great. Still learning all the stuff.

Thanks

Started with Jailbroken 1.1.2 . (not unlocked & am a AT&T customer)

Followed instructions from the sticky GUIDE : http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29358

Success! BUT, Edge did not work...
    SSH'd the file from sticky: Edge MENU fix 1.1.3 and now I have Edge back!

Found the easiest way to get into DFU mode is by unplugging USB and plugging it back in. (it does say found iPhone in DFU mode (NOT RESTORE/RECOVER) & the screen is black (does not show plug into iTunes icon))

Everything but Customize is working for me! (apps, voicemail, maps(new findme feature) etc. etc)

Running a jailbroken 1.1.3 with 1.1.3 baseband!
    BIG UPS to the DEV Team!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast