View Poll Results: How did your upgrade go ?

Voters
380. You may not vote on this poll
  • Upgraded from a Jailbroken/unlocked 1.1.1

58 15.26%
  • Upgraded from a Jailbroken/unlocked 1.1.2

124 32.63%
  • Upgraded from a Jailbroken 1.1.1

21 5.53%
  • Upgraded from a Jailbroken 1.1.2

177 46.58%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Poll of successful 1.1.3 Jailbreak Upgrade

Smile Woked at Last
    I tried Nate's 1.1.3 Jailbraek and ended up with no service, tried 4 times, finally ended up restoring to non jailbreak 1.1.3.

Then tried Dev Teams Upgrade through MMI Installer and worked 1st try...... Way to go thanks. Everything is working perfectly only thing I had to do was install Navizon to get Maps to locate, but even that works....Nice Job everyone...

my case from 1.0.2 > 1.1.1 > 1.1.3 jailbreaked/unlocked (Nate True method)

all working perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    I had OTB 1.1.2 and had upgraded to 1.1.3. Kept my cool and work at intill I was able to down grade to 1.1.1 & jailbroke, and the installed 1.1.2 & jailbroke, & now I am running 1.1.3 jailbroke! (04.03.13_G) I had to do this to get phone signal back look below!

http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25030

I have a locked ATT service phone that i upgraded to 1.1.3

First I downgraded to 1.1.1, jailbroke that. I had no phone service.

When i ran the installer and all that other stuff to get to jailbreak 1.1.3, I still had no service. Thats when that thread came in handy

"u have to have a legal simcard, and upadted to 1.1.3 baseabnd

then just replace /usr/libexec/lockdownd with original one, from 1.1.3

and ur phone will call and locations will work. it's only for legal at&t/o2/etc users and 1.1.3 baesband" -netkas

the file can be downloaded here
    http://rs323.rapidshare.com/files/86377952/lockdownd
    Just SSH it to that location and set the permissions to "0555" and reboot and connect to itunes.
    Will this help me?
    I started at 1.1.1 and updated with oktaprep to 1.1.2 without problem.
    When going through the upgrade to 1.1.3 I noticed I didn't have to run
    iNdependence since I was taken out of recovery mode automatically.
    1.1.3 started fine, but after hitting the home button from maps, I was
    sent back into recovery mode and iTunes says phone may be damaged.
    Is there anything I can do to get back in? It seems to be getting
    mail (intermittent noise it makes when it's received an email) and I
    can slide for an emergency call. There is a lock in the top center next to my wifi icon and status bars

after my 1.1.1 phone totally crashed on me today, i restored to 1.0.2... jailbreaked up to 1.1.1... then upgraded to 1.1.3. it was a long day of work, but it everything runs great now!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Quote Originally Posted by JBSiPhone View Post
    Will this help me?
    I started at 1.1.1 and updated with oktaprep to 1.1.2 without problem.
    When going through the upgrade to 1.1.3 I noticed I didn't have to run
    iNdependence since I was taken out of recovery mode automatically.
    1.1.3 started fine, but after hitting the home button from maps, I was
    sent back into recovery mode and iTunes says phone may be damaged.
    Is there anything I can do to get back in? It seems to be getting
    mail (intermittent noise it makes when it's received an email) and I
    can slide for an emergency call. There is a lock in the top center next to my wifi icon and status bars
    I say give it a go and get the lockdownd put on to your phone after backing up the one that's there. reboot and see if it works, there's a good chance it will

Green Apple
    Thanks

i upgraded ... yesterday .... everything when well exept i cant find my calculator so know i have to use MACalc

Worked like a charm. AT&T here.

upped to Apple version 1.1.3 (to get the baseband) -->1.1.1-->jailbroken 1.1.1-->1.1.2-->prepped 1.1.2-->jailbroken 1.1.2-->NateTrue's 1.1.3.

installed a couple of patches for password saving. Otherwise, all is well.

1.0.2 jailbroken -> 1.1.1 -> jailbroke 1.1.1 -> 1.1.3 (nate's method). Works great with BigBoss's patches. Just waiting for summerboard to come out to make it perfect

I bought my iphone shortly after they came out. Did not jailbreak. Lost my sim and had to get a new one. I've since upgraded all the way up thru to 1.1.3 as they came out. I would like jailbreak what is the best way which one is the best? Any help would really be appreciated. Thank You.

Downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak... and wait for the SDK to come out because both methods have issues. Nate's seems to be solved more easily(except DRM) while Devs have wifi and edge issues plaguing it.

I have to say that this site ROCKS!!!! I havent been on much but when i needed help, you guys are the best. Everyone helps out, not just the mods. It only took me one try to upgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 and i got everything to work, smb, cust, games just about 98% of all the apps i had before. Thank again guys!!!!

I have to say that this site ROCKS!!!! I havent been on much but when i needed help, you guys are the best. Everyone helps out, not just the mods. It only took me one try to upgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 and i got everything to work, smb, cust, games just about 98% of all the apps i had before. Thank agian guys!!!!
    Last edited by italia_xtreme; 2008-02-01 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Need Help!
    Had everything working perfectly yesterday. Not so hot today.
    Followed this method, and it worked great on the first try.

Had issues after screwing around trying to change root password. Started over, and since then the farthest I've gotten is, after running jailbreak on 1.1.2, I'm stuck on the "Incorrect SIM" screen. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? The jailbreak doesn't seem to have completed.

Pretty sure the phone is a 1.1.2otb, since I got the phone replaced at the Genius Bar a few months ago. Not unlocked, I've always been an AT&T customer. Baseband is 04.03.13_G.

Just another success story
    Acer 5050
    250 gb harddrive
    2.5 gb of ram
    2.2gz
    Mac os 10.5.2

Iphone
    2.0-pineapple

Can someone please help me make the names on my contacts list appear when i get an incoming call or sms?!

It's the only problem i have with 1.1.3

I originally had a 1.1.1 jailbroken and unlocked phone via IPSF, then I upgraded to 1.1.2 and the unlockcontinued to work. Now I am running 1.1.3 with the upgraded baseband and IPSF still works. I am a non ATT user in Colombia using a carrier called Movistar.

I used the following method: (THIS METHOD ONLY WORKS WITH PHONES UNLOCKED WITH IPSF AND AN ORIGINAL BOOTLOADER 3.9)
    Upgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 through Itunes this updates the baseband but locks the phone.
    Downgraded to 1.1.1, (had to downgrade twice for ibrickr to give me a red screen)jailbroke installed oktoprep and upgraded to 1.1.2. Ran the touchless jaibreak and jailbroke 1.1.2.
    Installed bsd subsystem and open ssh from installer, and ran the Dev's team official 1.1.3 upgrade. when finished i had no signal so I installed via Winscp the signal.app (read the readme for file locations) and set the permissions to 0755. I now have an upgraded baseband phone that runs locate me in maps and has signal.
    Last edited by ddorrons; 2008-02-02 at 03:29 PM.

very misleading title

the 1.1.3 upgrade from installer on a 1.1.2 jailbroken iphone just killed my iphone.
    i can't get itunes to recognize it and i can't even restore to downgrade because itunes reports there is problem with my iphone.
    this truly sucks.

Default OTB 1.1.2 --> Unlocked, Jailbroken 1.1.3
    Just did two more phones, these were OTB 1.1.2. downgraded to 1.1.1, did the testpoints bootloader downgrade to 3.9, upgraded to 1.1.2, unlocked using AnySIM, then upgraded to 1.1.3 using Official Dev Team Installer App. If you are doing multiple phones, its much faster to download & rename the 1.1.3 IPSW file to restore.zip and copy it to /private/var/ via SSH before running the updater. Takes about 6-7 minutes over .G wireless vs dloading multiple times from Apple. The hardest part of the procedure is by far getting the damn phone apart. I used .004 an.006 feeler guages and plastic HD rail out of a DELL GX270 that I filed down with a piece of sand paper to get the case apart. I then soldered two paper clips to a piece of 22 gauge stranded Cat5e and sharpened them with a Dremel tool. Used the built in magnifyer on a compass I bought at Walmart before coming to Baghdad to see the circuit traces. The actual test point part only took about 5 minutes- bought 2 tries on each phone. I don't recommend trying to scratch off the coating to get to the trace- just push the needle through it. You are far less likely to damage it. I could actually 'feel' the raised trace apart from the circuit board by slowly dragging the needle up to and slightly over and onto it.

-Cheers

the 1.1.3 upgrade from installer on a 1.1.2 jailbroken iphone just killed my iphone.
    i can't get itunes to recognize it and i can't even restore to downgrade because itunes reports there is problem with my iphone.
    this truly sucks.
    Sounds like the baseband was erased or corrupted when you did this. Assuming this was not an OTB 1.1.2, you need to downgrade the phone by putting it into DFU mode, then going to like 1.0.2 or 1.1.1. (open iTunes, turn the phone off, then plug the phone in. As soon as it powers on, hold the home and sleep button till the screen goes blank, let go of the sleep button after about 2-3 seconds, continuing to hold the home button until iTunes tells you that it detects a phone in recovery mode- you will see nothing on the phone screen) You will get the typical 1013 or error message after recovering to 1.0.2 (1015 for 1.1.1). Use Nndependence to knock it out of recovery mode, reload BSD and SSH on the phone after you get Installer on it. Get BBupdater and copy it to /usr/bin/ and make it executable (follow the method in the virginizer how-to if you need help) stop the CommCenter, run bbupdater -v from a SSH terminal and see if there is anything in the baseband. If not, and you dont have 4.6 bootloader, you can restore the baseband. Worst case scenario is that you restore to 1.1.3 using iTunes and are stuck with 4.6 bootloader and 4.03.13_G baseband till somebody unlocks it.
    Last edited by ishamiyal; 2008-02-04 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I upgraded from a locked and jailbroken 1.1.2. Took about 3 separate attempts and probably a total of 5-6 hours, but it finally works.

Went from 1.1.2 Jailbroke right to 1.1.3 via DevTeam installer. Everything works fine, except I have no space to install any apps, and I read like A THOUSAND posts of people asking how to fix it, with not a SINGLE definite answer yet. Any help on this???

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast