Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Not receiving sms

Default Not receiving sms
    I had the previous version firmware 1.1.4 and i wasn't receiving any text messages, did the 2.0 FW update and im still not receiving any text messages, at this point im kinda running out of hope here, i was wondering if anybody else has a similar situation and what fixes have you gone through

Lets keep in mind everything else is working, my youtube was not working on 1.1.4, but with the winpwn youtube fix, its good now on 2.0 and my youtube works great

Only thing not working is receiving sms, i was reading about a prog or app called iworld anybody have any experience with it?
    EXPERIENCE FROM THE PAST | TECHNOLOGY FOR THE FUTURE

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

have you tried putting your sim into a different phone? this would verify whether it is a problem with your iphone or something with your service.

also, can you send sms messages? sometimes it is still an issue with your carrier if you are able to send but not receive text messages. if you call your carrier, don't call from your iphone and try to have a third phone available for testing/troubleshooting purposes.

good luck!

yes, sorry i forgot to mention, i am able to send messages, and yes i receive messages on other phones, i have not tried to call my carrier as yet, but i will do so now

Ok just got off the horn with my carrier there no indication of a problem on their network, but they referred me to a near by store to check my sim, however, if anybody can help id really appreciate it, even if i have to downgrade meng

anything, help please

bump for help
    Last edited by thebug3000; 2008-08-05 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I just found this online, i was wondering if someone could help me with this, not to savvy with the mobileterminal and text edit

HI, i just made up a simple script.. but not sure if these will work.

(using textedit or notepad, copy these into backup.sh)

#!/bin/bash
    cd /var/root/Library/SMS/
    rm sms.backup
    cp sms.db sms.backup

(for the restore, copy into restore.sh)

#!/bin/bash
    cd /var/root/Library/SMS/
    rm sms.db
    cp sms.backup sms.db

Same as what simplyjustken said earlier,

Go to your MobileTerminal, type
    # # chmod +x fixsms.sh (change file permission only for the 1st time, subsequently, you can skip this step)
    # # ./restore.sh or ./backup.sh