Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hacked programs ok, legit programs crash

Default Hacked programs ok, legit programs crash
    With the discovery of the ability to install 3rd party apps available with the help of google, I decided to jailbreak my new 3G. Pwnage 2.0 went smoothly, and I completed all updates, as well as installing the SSH package. I was able to SSH into the phone, changed the existing MobileInstallation to a .bak and copied the necessary file, changing permissions to 775. I downloaded a program directly on the phone from the app store, and followed it with other google acquired programs loaded from itunes.

The programs acquired from google, a few dozen in all, work flawlessly for the most part. The legitimate programs tho, installed directly onto the phone or through itunes, such as AIM, Facebook, etc, crash upon open.

Any suggestions on what to do? Should I attempt a restore? Should I try any troubleshooting steps first?

had the same problem, i just deleted those programs off the phone (hold the icons until they shake and X them out)
    Then i powered off waited a min powered back on went into the app store and redownloaded them, works fine now..

Note: i tried to restore them via itunes and it still didnt work, this was after i put the hacked 2.0 software on... so the only way to get them back is fresh install from app store

Thanks

Ironic that the cracked apps work and the legit apps fail, dont you think?
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone

So after a little playing around, I think I've found out some more about the problem. It seems that open install, the programs work fine. Its only after some time has passed, and a sync is done with itunes 7.7.1, a "Syncing iPhone" bar is displayed for some time, and any application with FairPlay version 2 no longer works on the phone. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?