Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i think we need a 1.1.3 JB FAQ!

Default i think we need a 1.1.3 JB FAQ!
    So, from what i gather so far:

-={ The points below marked with ** are collated from various posts across various forums...they are not confirmed or tested by myself ... please do not assume they are MY opinion lol }=-

** All *Sim solutions (turbosim, nextsim etc) will work perfectly
    ** ALL 3rd Party Apps will be removed & you CAN NOT use them in 1.1.3 with the exception of the new NES app
    ** GoogleMaps Locator DOESNT work due to not upgrading the BB (Can someone confirm?)
    ** iTunes is old version - no option for videos (was this supposed to be in 1.1.3?)
    ** Few reports of ringtones not working

Could people post there experience's
    eg, what working, whats not, or if you fixed something that wasnt working.
    It'd be nice to know just what does / doesnt work as reports say without the new BB somethings dont work.

Please - no "where to find JB" or unlocking questions etc

Im sticking with 1.1.2 for now coz i like my 3rd party apps too much

Summerboard lets me move my icons, LocateMe works great for finding me on google maps, and i can create my own damn web shortcuts lol so i dont see any real point yet!

J
    Last edited by jtanner; 2008-01-25 at 03:01 PM. Reason: added info - see -={ }=- comments

aenema6x
    I get no service. I did it exactly what the stickied tutorial says. I guess I'm going back to unjailbroken 1.1.3 until this problem is solved... I don't want an expensive touch.

Quote Originally Posted by jtanner View Post
    So, from what i gather so far:

** All *Sim solutions (turbosim, nextsim etc) will work perfectly
    ** ALL 3rd Party Apps will be removed & you CAN NOT use them in 1.1.3 with the exception of the new NES app
    ** GoogleMaps Locator DOESNT work due to not upgrading the BB (Can someone confirm?)
    ** iTunes is old version - no option for videos (was this supposed to be in 1.1.3?)
    ** Few reports of ringtones not working

Could people post there experience's
    eg, what working, whats not, or if you fixed something that wasnt working.
    It'd be nice to know just what does / doesnt work as reports say without the new BB somethings dont work.

Please - no "where to find JB" or unlocking questions etc

Im sticking with 1.1.2 for now coz i like my 3rd party apps too much

Summerboard lets me move my icons, LocateMe works great for finding me on google maps, and i can create my own damn web shortcuts lol so i dont see any real point yet!

J
    This is not true.

Most App's work with 1.1.3. You will have to remove, then re-add them, but the prefs remain, so it remembers your high score! All the apps I use work fine.

You will have to re-install the bsd subsystem for SSH to work.

All my ringtones are fine, and not sure what you mean about itunes.

You are correct that the locate me does not work with the baseband, but I wouldn't want the new one, as it is almost impossible to downgrade again.

Hopefully a better lockdownd file will enable the locate me function...

Quote Originally Posted by joshysquashy View Post
    Most App's work with 1.1.3. You will have to remove, then re-add them, but the prefs remain, so it remembers your high score! All the apps I use work fine.
    The only ones i care about would be CameraPro, Flashlight, snes4iphone, PhotoBoard, Wallpaper, iPhoneHome, Funambol, iPL, & Locateme - could anyone confirm these for me?

You will have to re-install the bsd subsystem for SSH to work.
    Yeah i knew this much, i forgot to put it into the post tho lol

All my ringtones are fine, and not sure what you mean about itunes.
    Nor do i, ive just seen posts regarding iTunes apparently having the videos option - ive not personally heard this, its just rumoured, so its prob BS

You are correct that the locate me does not work with the baseband, but I wouldn't want the new one, as it is almost impossible to downgrade again.
    Lol - i know why the BB hasnt been done, and no-one wants it lol

Hopefully a better lockdownd file will enable the locate me function...
    ahha, so there could potentially be a fix - altho LocateMe (3rd party) does a good job with this anyway

.....but, is there really any point of me (or others) upgrading lol.

Everything the JB version has to offer is already done in 1.1.2 JB

Now, the wiggly thing is good that you dont need Customize for it, but, can someone test this for me please.........

I like my 1st (home) page clear, then the icons start on page 2 so basically my first page is blank except the dock icons. This just keeps the home screen clear, the wallpaper is nicely on view etc, its just tidy and i like it - is it possible to recreate this with 1.1.3?

most of your FAQ is false.

Im on 1.1.3

with custom ringtones
    with most (90%) of my previous apps
    google maps DOES locate but only if you install the locateme.app and run it once

Quote Originally Posted by jtanner View Post
    The only ones i care about would be CameraPro, Flashlight, snes4iphone, PhotoBoard, Wallpaper, iPhoneHome, Funambol, iPL, & Locateme - could anyone confirm these for me?

Yeah i knew this much, i forgot to put it into the post tho lol

Nor do i, ive just seen posts regarding iTunes apparently having the videos option - ive not personally heard this, its just rumoured, so its prob BS

Lol - i know why the BB hasnt been done, and no-one wants it lol

ahha, so there could potentially be a fix - altho LocateMe (3rd party) does a good job with this anyway

.....but, is there really any point of me (or others) upgrading lol.

Everything the JB version has to offer is already done in 1.1.2 JB

Now, the wiggly thing is good that you dont need Customize for it, but, can someone test this for me please.........

I like my 1st (home) page clear, then the icons start on page 2 so basically my first page is blank except the dock icons. This just keeps the home screen clear, the wallpaper is nicely on view etc, its just tidy and i like it - is it possible to recreate this with 1.1.3?
    I think the apps you mentioned should work, but havn't tested them myself.

I'm sure there will be a fix, even if it is an app that runs in the bground or something (doing the same fix as with the location apps presently)

I like the wiggly thing, you can leave blank spaces on the first screen if you like, just drag them all off there.

I guess there is no reason you NEED to upgrade, but also no reason not to. As it doesn't upgrade the baseband, there are no worries about downgrading etc.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to joshysquashy For This Useful Post:

jtanner (2008-01-25)

Quote Originally Posted by groundedsst View Post
    most of your FAQ is false.
    i think i should correct my 1st post, my ** comments are based on OTHER PPLS posts i have seen from various forums!

They are not opinions or problems expressed by myself lol

@ joshysquashy: Thanks for the info "Thanks" button pressed lol

Anyone notice mail doesn't work anymore? or its just me, I reverify all my account, but with 1.1.3 keep getting password not provided error.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
    Anyone notice mail doesn't work anymore? or its just me, I reverify all my account, but with 1.1.3 keep getting password not provided error.
    I believe the fix is already in the installer app