Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 jailbreak but no phone capabilities!

Default 1.1.3 jailbreak but no phone capabilities!
    Let me start off by saying I appreciate everything you guys have done the past few months.

I updated to 1.1.3 by accident with an OTB 1.1.2 a couple of days ago and have been waiting for a jailbreak method. Finally I have successfully jailbreaked my 1.1.3 after downgrading and such but after using iBrickr to jailbreak my 1.1.3 phone I still am left no service on my AT&T network. I read other posts with the same problems. Could someone please help me with fixing this problem.

Thank you for your time!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

did you downgrade to 1.1.1 first, then upgrade to 1.1.2, then jailbreak 1.1.3?

same for me - no service.

same here, and no I did it from 1.1.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGotTheRiteTemp View Post
    did you downgrade to 1.1.1 first, then upgrade to 1.1.2, then jailbreak 1.1.3?
    I've did both ways and still no phone service.....someone please help

I think its got something to do with the 04.03.13_G baseband. Ie if you have an OTB 1.1.2 upgraded to 1.1.3 this jailbreak will not work.

Ive tried replacing the lockdown file also and that does not work.

I don't know who the original credit goes to for this discovery, but I can confirm this method worked for me. Follow the tutorial for getting to jailbroken 1.1.3. Once you have jailbroken your phone and have installer on it, install OpenSSH and grab this file from here http://rs323.rapidshare.com/files/86377952/lockdownd. SSH into your phone and go to /usr/libexec and rename/backup your lockdownd file and then replace it with the one you just downloaded. Reboot your phone, hook up it to Itunes and sync it once, and bamo, full bars of AT&T service are back! I tested to make sure, and I do have calls going out and coming in now!

Just wanted to add, my phone was originally 1.1.2 OTB, and of course, never unlocked.
    Last edited by devlinrandom; 2008-01-25 at 02:05 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devlinrandom For This Useful Post:

robsiphone (2008-01-25), tlaniado (2008-01-25)

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

okay guys I'm having the same problem. I did the 1.1.3 jailbreak successfully, then downgraded to 1.1.1 then rejailbroke but it won't work. The phones not working in 1.1.3, we need some way to let the jailbreak use the new 1.1.3 baseband. Anyone have any ideas? I spent over 4 hours trying everything.

Quote Originally Posted by devlinrandom View Post
    I don't know who the original credit goes to for this discovery, but I can confirm this method worked for me. Follow the tutorial for getting to jailbroken 1.1.3. Once you have jailbroken your phone and have installer on it, install OpenSSH and grab this file from here http://rs323.rapidshare.com/files/86377952/lockdownd. SSH into your phone and go to /usr/libexec and rename/backup your lockdownd file and then replace it with the one you just downloaded. Reboot your phone, hook up it to Itunes and sync it once, and bamo, full bars of AT&T service are back! I tested to make sure, and I do have calls going out and coming in now!

Just wanted to add, my phone was originally 1.1.2 OTB, and of course, never unlocked.
    Thanx for the info. But can help me understand exactly how to rename the file your talking about. And exactly which file if is. I use WinScp, thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by devlinrandom View Post

just have tried your method... but when i restarted my iphone it got stock at the silver apple sign.....

HELP!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Can you list your Network Providers, and which country you're in, so we can see if this issue only affects certain networks?

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget171175 View Post
    Can you list your Network Providers, and which country you're in, so we can see if this issue only affects certain networks?
    my iphone is 1.1.2 OTB, Uk with O2 Network...

Quote Originally Posted by Belhaj View Post
    just have tried your method... but when i restarted my iphone it got stock at the silver apple sign.....

HELP!!!
    Permissions problem, you may have to start over again sadly, as I'm not sure you can get back in your phone now. Damn, I should have mentioned that I suppose. In general, if you just move a file over to the phone using something like WinSCP, it moves it over with just read/write permission. The lockdownd and most other files, need executable permission, so always set it to 777 just to be safe.

go get a new sim if u have att

Quote Originally Posted by robsiphone View Post
    Thanx for the info. But can help me understand exactly how to rename the file your talking about. And exactly which file if is. I use WinScp, thanx.
    It's really not essential, I don't suppose; it's just a safeguard I always use. The file is named lockdownd, and it is located in /usr/libexec/. You can just drag the downloaded one over and hit yes to overwrite, but, and I should have mentioned this in my other post, I've just used SSH for so long it's habit for me now, BE SURE to set your permissions to 777, or you will end up in the silver apple loop.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to devlinrandom For This Useful Post:

robsiphone (2008-01-25)

Thanx will give it a shot later today. Hopefully it works, for now I just upgraded to normal 1.1.3. This fix does work on the new baseband right? Just checking.

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget171175 View Post
    USA/AT&T Originally a 1.1.2 OTB, never unlocked.

I'm having aproblem to getting SSH working on jailbroken 1.1.3. I've got a OTB 1.1.2 uprgraded to 1.1.3 downgraded to 1.1.1, jailbroken back up to 1.1.3 with no phone service. I want to try the lockdown replace, but after installing open SSH and services, I get a "Server unexectedly closed network connection" on my pc and I can't get into SSH. I assume it's still urname "root" pword "alpine" Please help!

Has anyone else confirmed this to work?

I have an OTB 1.1.1 phone, which I upgraded to 1.1.3 (to get newer baseband), downgraded to 1.1.1 (did NOT apply baseband downgrade), and upgraded/jailbroke all the way back to 1.1.3 in the hopes that I could have a jailbroken phone AND google locator support, however now I have an iPhone with the same functionality as a Touch (no phone functionality)

Quote Originally Posted by craftyguy View Post
    Has anyone else confirmed this to work?

I have an OTB 1.1.1 phone, which I upgraded to 1.1.3 (to get newer baseband), downgraded to 1.1.1 (did NOT apply baseband downgrade), and upgraded/jailbroke all the way back to 1.1.3 in the hopes that I could have a jailbroken phone AND google locator support, however now I have an iPhone with the same functionality as a Touch (no phone functionality)

I am having the same problem currently. While I eventually did the baseband fix in order to restore phone functions, on 3 attempts, once I upgraded to the official 1.1.3 to get the updated baseband and then rolled back and went back up to the jailbroken 1.1.3, the phone stuff ceased to work.

Hopefully someone knows how to get around this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast