Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 jailbreak but no phone capabilities!

holy jesus it worked!!! OMFG THANKS SO MUCH

i was thinking about upgrading but i DONT think i will now. not with a release of a jailbreak that has 3 or 4 different tutorials on how to get it to work, plus i dont think its worth the time just to get some wiggling icons and to have google know where u are, I personally dont need google to find me cuz i know where i am already cuz im THERE. Ill just wait till all this gets sorted out in a week or 2 lol

is it possible to skip the 112 upgrade?
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

Quote Originally Posted by partyandbs View Post
    i was thinking about upgrading but i DONT think i will now. not with a release of a jailbreak that has 3 or 4 different tutorials on how to get it to work, plus i dont think its worth the time just to get some wiggling icons and to have google know where u are, I personally dont need google to find me cuz i know where i am already cuz im THERE. Ill just wait till all this gets sorted out in a week or 2 lol
    Not that I'm insulting your opinion (everyone is entitled to their own, right?), but your post obviously contributed nothing to this thread, except make it longer, and doomed everyone viewing this thread to have to move their mouse scroll wheel a little further than necessary to skip past your rant.

YES upgrading to 1.1.2 is NOT necessary, at least not for me, 1.1.2 OTB ATT subscriber.. the lockdownd file in the thread works perfectly fine. just be sure you set the permissions with squid or mobilefinder

i actually can't get openssh to work... has anybody succeeded in this on 1.1.3? it never appears in the springboard hmmm...
    Last edited by HaiLong; 2008-01-26 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HaiLong For This Useful Post:

stlcaddie (2008-02-01)

Thanks

Works perfectly...thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by craftyguy View Post
    Not that I'm insulting your opinion (everyone is entitled to their own, right?), but your post obviously contributed nothing to this thread, except make it longer, and doomed everyone viewing this thread to have to move their mouse scroll wheel a little further than necessary to skip past your rant.
    LMAO and wut do u think your post about my opinion did??? LOL yea think about it u made them have to roll there mouse a lil bit more just cuz u needed to comment about my post. Dont remember askin for any ones thoughts. and i did contribute to the thread I gave my insite on the whole jailbreak controversy

Quote Originally Posted by craftyguy View Post
    that didnt work for mw

iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Thanks

i actually can't get openssh to work... has anybody succeeded in this on 1.1.3? it never appears in the springboard hmmm...[/QUOTE]

There is no icon for ssh

Your steps worked for me! WOO MOTHER F*CKING HOO! 500 hours later. Damn.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    if you feel you need to have on/off control for SSH install a program called 'services' it allows you to control SSH Bluetooth Wifi and Edge (on/off settings only)

You can go from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 skipping 1.1.2 worked for me and i have read around that other people have had success.

yep.. i never had an ssh icon on my spring bored but it works for sure... and that is on 1.1.3.

and for update from 1.1.1 > 1.1.3, i have tried that and that works too.

i am just trying to get the PAYG sim working!?!? and till now.. no success at all!!!

am not sure am going towards good or bad...

but i have tried one of thje lockdown files again, and my iphone stayed as it was (but no service) and still activated but itune asks me to activate????

its giving me a headache?!?!? this is what i have

o2 1.1.2 otb, downgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbroken... then by mistake updated to 1.1.3. but then downgraded again to 1.1.1 and jailbroken again then stright to 1.1.3.

is there any way i can use an o2 sim card on it now?
    Last edited by Belhaj; 2008-01-26 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Everybody I would like to thank you very very much for your help! I finally accomplished jailbreaking my 1.1.3 iPhone, it took me some time but it's about time lol. I used the lockdownd file from rapidshare and chmod to 555. Then connected to iTunes and it was activated!

Will this only work if you pay for the Data Plan?

the only issue I'm still having is SSH. I've been able to SSH into 1.1.2 before using SCP but I cannot get a connection in 1.1.3 using open ssh is there some trick that I'm missing or a guide anyone can point me to? Thanks in advance.

ok just to get this straight if I have 1.1.3 with a 4.6 bootloader and 4.03 modem fw

So if I downgrade to 1.1.1 and get the incorrect sim error then I bypass activation and jailbreak then upgrade to 1.1.3 using mates soft upgrade it will work with jailbreak new bootloader and service for phone calls

ok just to get this straight if I have 1.1.3 with a 4.6 bootloader and 4.03 modem fw

So if I downgrade to 1.1.1 and get the incorrect sim error then I bypass activation and jailbreak then upgrade to 1.1.3 using mates soft upgrade it will work with jailbreak new bootloader and service for phone calls

I have a question plz someone help me I don't know how to use WINSCP can I jsut rename the lockdownd to old lockdownd with iphone browser program then transfer over the new lockdownd file will it work or do I have to use winscp thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baller2090 View Post

i got an 1.1.2 OTB, and did exactly the same but no luck!! phone is not working?!?!?!?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast