Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Upgrade Problems!

Default 1.1.3 Upgrade Problems!
    So, I just upgraded my 1.1.2, unlocked phone to 1.1.3. Everything works fine, and the new firmware is installed, but I'm having an issue:

When I tried to uninstall "Extended Preferences" (as nothing showed up on my home screen, so I was trying to re-install it), it said "main script execution failed," and now settings disappeared from my iphone menu.

It says this same error message when I try to uninstall other apps.

How do I uninstall these applications, and - most importantly - how do I get my "settings" button back?

iPhone? More like MyPhone j3wbagell's Avatar
    Thanks

you can uninstall the applications by using an SFTP (i use iPhone Browser) located in the var/applications folder all apps from previous fw will be there

My parents didn't pay for my iPhone.
    *If i help you hit that "Thanks" button for me*

Thanks

You can also try what I tried if sftp didn't work:
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingAi View Post
    ...I uninstalled everything I could then I installed Mobile Finder. Using that I navigated to /Var/Root/Library/ and renamed Installer to Installer Old and from there I was able to reinstall my apps. This is because the plist that Installer uses tells the Installer to run a script that does not exist after the upgrade....

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingAi View Post
    You can also try what I tried if sftp didn't work:
    I tried both these solutions and neither worked.

Some updates:

My ring won't work. The iPhone makes typing sounds/plays music (so its not the speaker that's broken).

I found my missing settings app in ~/Library, instead of in the applicaions folder. I tried to move it, but nothings happening. How do you move files in finder?

And installer is screwing up as usual. Could I restore my phone/would it fix this? How would I go about doing that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by morg.ferge View Post
    I tried both these solutions and neither worked.

Some updates:

My ring won't work. The iPhone makes typing sounds/plays music (so its not the speaker that's broken).

I found my missing settings app in ~/Library, instead of in the applicaions folder. I tried to move it, but nothings happening. How do you move files in finder?

And installer is screwing up as usual. Could I restore my phone/would it fix this? How would I go about doing that?
    You can move files by clicking the File button in the Finder

A restore would probably fix the problem but I'm not sure. I also heard that if you have the 4.6 bootloader you can't restore out of 1.1.3. I'm not an expert, sorry :P