Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreaking 1.1.3 (Windows)

aenema6x
    I think I may have an idea on how to get the phone's functions (No Service right?) to work but it involves downgrading again, jailbreak, downgrading the baseband, oktoprep to 1.1.2, upgrade, (Only if your a legit AT&T customer) activate with itunes, 1.1.2 Jailbreak, then 1.1.3 jailbreak process... seems to be too much work.... I guess I'm going to try, Having no service on this phone is pissing me off... hopefully I don't brick myself

how do you tell what bootloader your on..

so im assuming like all the att users are having the same problem, where you make it to 1.1.3 jailbroken, but no service... bc thats what im in right now.. so i think im just going to restore to 1.1.3 not jailbroke... unless theres a way?

i lost my ssh how do i get it bak???

Kriff that was diffinately my experience.

Aenima you are not on bootloader 4.6 I assume? I was under the impression you could only downgrade the 4.6 bootloader with a hardware solution.

aenema6x
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinolow View Post
    Kriff that was diffinately my experience.

Aenima you are not on bootloader 4.6 I assume? I was under the impression you could only downgrade the 4.6 bootloader with a hardware solution.
    No bootloader just a 27th week iphone, it came with 1.0.0

guide worked flawlessly for me:

i had a 1.1.2 with 1.1.1 bband, jailbroken and unlocked using anysim, working with tmobile.

NOW, i have a 1.1.3 with 1.1.1 bband, jailbroke and unlocked, working with tmobile

thanks mucho
    2G iPhone:8Gb/unlocked/T-Mobile/T-Zones ($5.99)/FW2.2.1(5H11)
    LOST in the frozen backcountry of Copper Mountain, CO

iPhone: 3G/8Gb/unlocked/T-Mobile/T-zones ($5.99)/FW3.1.2

Mac: because two mouse buttons are scary.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

which Bootloader you have? 4.6 or 3.9 if you update 4.6 Bootloader to 1.1.3 you no way to downgrade, you must wait for 1.1.4 release sorry
    This is not true. You can downgrade 1.1.3 to 1.1.1. You will not have service. *#306# into your iPhone and jailbreak. Then run the 1.1.3 soft upgrade. You will be back on 1.1.3 with the working 1.1.3 baseband. Maybe. I still have to test this.

Sidetalker be completely honest is there any reason to update yet or should I wait for the legal jailbreak? and do you still have cell phone service? Did anything go wrong in that area? By what Im reading theres no reason to update yet and theres a lot of things going wrong.
    There is no reason to update unless you had 1.1.2 OTB and upgraded to 1.1.3 by mistake so cannot downgrade and you want a jailbroken iPhone... If you're running fine on 1.1.2 I would save yourself the trouble.
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 2008-01-25 at 06:50 PM.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Waaaaaay to easy. Worked like a charm.

Your welcome Sidetalker

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I went through it and it hasn't worked. I have a jailbroken 1.1.2 OTB.

When i run it everything seems fine but the last step of the process doesn't seem to workl it only takes a second. Help please.

Worked like a charm!! Thanks so much! You guys are crazy, can't believe how
    you made it so simple!!
    You guys made my day.

Thanks again!!!

Thanks

Okay i had 1.1.2 OTB jailbroken to start off with.
    Two days ago i meesed up installer on it and i wanted to upgrade to 1.1.3 jailbroken so i started the 1.1.2 jailbreaking process all over again in order to "be safe."

Well to make a long story short i tried to upgrade to 1.1.3 a few times with no luck so i decided to just jailbreak 1.1.1 and try to upgrade from there.

Well, when i went to restore to 1.1.1 i ACCIDENTLY selected the 1.1.3 firmware file that i downloaded.

So now i have 1.1.3 and i think i have the 4.6 bootloader. I'm extremely dissapointed, there had to be a way to even get back to 1.1.2 jailbroken or something. Please help.

If i downgrade and upgrade back to 1.1.3 jailbroken will i still not have phone functionality?

Thanks

Woops, double post. Sorry!
    Last edited by MgNate; 2008-01-28 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Double post.

Okay. I am a very green noob here. I have an iphone that I purchased a week after launch. I think it came with 1.0.0 OTB. I have upgraded all the way up to the current 1.1.3 and then started learning about breaking it. I tried to use your easy break using ibrikr 1.1.3 jailbreak but when I run it it just sits there and says checking phone and never finds it. When I try to downgrade to 1.1.1 using your tutorial after using DFU and then trying the shift+restore for 1.1.1 again ibrikr doesnt give me the option to reboot phone it just says check phone and once again sits there and never does anything.

How do I find out what bootloader I am running?
    Any other options to break this thing? There are too many cool things that can be done to the icons and summerboard for me to just sit here and be happy with my iphone that doesnt work like I think it should (assigned ringtones dont always work and other little annoying things).

Thanks for any help.

B

Okay. I am a very green noob here. I have an iphone that I purchased a week after launch. I think it came with 1.0.0 OTB. I have upgraded all the way up to the current 1.1.3 and then started learning about breaking it. I tried to use your easy break using ibrikr 1.1.3 jailbreak but when I run it it just sits there and says checking phone and never finds it. When I try to downgrade to 1.1.1 using your tutorial after using DFU and then trying the shift+restore for 1.1.1 again ibrikr doesnt give me the option to reboot phone it just says check phone and once again sits there and never does anything.

Any other options to break this thing? There are too many cool things that can be done to the icons and summerboard for me to just sit here and be happy with my iphone that doesnt work like I think it should (assigned ringtones dont always work and other little annoying things).

Thanks for any help.

B

I used DevTeam to jailbreak. Do I use 1.1.3 Soft Upg. Cleaner next to remove a large file. If so, do I then uninstall it or leave it in my installer

Thanks for any help.

B

Hey, thanks for the guide, but i have a small problem i was hoping someone could answer. I did everything and it works fine up until after ibrickr. The part where you gotta go on the iphone>install.app>then installing 1.1.3 soft upgrade or whatever its called. I can't find the 1.1.3 upgrade in the phone. I did this twice so far and still nothing. Hope someone could help me thanks.

^^^^^^^^^
    i have the same problem!!
    anyone

were can i download 3.9 bootloader

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast