Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downfalls of 1.1.3 jailbreak

LIST OF BROKEN STUFF FOR ME AND MAYBE OTHERS:

1. Took 3 restores to get this jailbreak to work.
    2. Google Maps Locate Me does not work. It does not work after installing and using LocateMe which also doesn't work.
    3. Stock Ringtones and Alarms do not work.
    4. Cannot connect with SSH even after reinstalling BSD. Cannot reinstall SSH.
    5. 300mb of space that I can't get rid of since I can't connect to the phone.
    6. Lost my shiny iPod Touch reflective dock.
    Last edited by psybert; 2008-01-25 at 08:34 AM.

my ringtones arent working either

Default Ugh
    So tonight I gave JailBreaking the phone a shot.

I had already upgraded to 1.1.3 so I had to deal with that...

It took 90 minutes total to revert from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 then upgrade to JailBroken 1.1.3.

At first I thought all was grand...BUT - now I have noticed that Settings->Mail->Any Given Mail Account->Password is always set to Null when you hit the Home Button.

Also...I no longer have access to the Edge network...
    I can make phone calls...and send text messages...but i can't surf the internet or check my email WITHOUT being on wireless.

This is just a heads up to anyone who wants to try and JailBreak to 1.1.3

Maybe this is an isolated incident but I thought I would speak up in case it's not.

I am going to revert to 1.1.3 Non Jailbroken version and hopefully I get Edge back and my Mail works again.

Update: I reverted and everything now works!
    Maybe I'll give jailbreaking a try again later.
    Last edited by SterLo; 2008-01-25 at 08:23 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SterLo For This Useful Post:

porktart (2008-01-26)

edge problem can be fixed on 1.1.3 if you reset all settings (Settings/ General / Reset / Reset All Settings) ....

worked for me ...

i ssh'd to the phone through winscp........... trying to make the ringtones work but no luck yet..........

Last edited by danton1316; 2008-01-25 at 09:10 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm.. my custom ringtones are working fine. also for those having trouble with email, bigboss released a email fix for the problem, and also edge fix, but im having trouble DLing the edge fix.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j3wbagell View Post
    HOLY **** HES RIGHT

whoa that pin is exactly where i was last weekend

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

^ lol?

almost all apps work for 1.1.3 jailbreak except a couple like dock, summerboard, and customize.

of course all of those are the ones i miss the most.. but thats life

hopefully customize and summerboard will be brought to 1.1.3 very soon

Tonite I upgraded to a jailbroken 1.1.3 usin Nate Trues method (1.1.2 OTB). All worked well.

Then accidently put the iphone into restore mode. Now cant cant jailbreak my phone. When I try to install AppSnap, safari doesnt crash like its supposed to.

Anyone have any ideas? How do I get back to a jailbroken iphone (any version)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've managed to get Summerboard copied to my Jailbroken 1.1.3 by doing it manually via SSH but sofar I haven't had any luck getting it to display any of my themes. Right now it just shows the "SMBPrefs" icon and the dock is the Summerboard default.

EDIT: Just realized that my icons are the theme they used to be.
    Last edited by XAlliedYouthX; 2008-01-25 at 10:54 PM.

customise works if you install it via ssh manually. Only prob i have so far is that some sms messages appear out of order.
    Never knowingly understood.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scowler View Post
    customise works if you install it via ssh manually. Only prob i have so far is that some sms messages appear out of order.
    I copied Customize over to my phone but the program just locks at the "Spicy Chicken" screen. Anything special you had to do to make it run correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by psybert View Post

2. Google Maps Locate Me does not work. It does not work after installing and using LocateMe which also doesn't work.
    You can OpenSSH to install from another source within installer. I used hackthatphone.com which was one of the many Community Sources I had loaded. I found it by scrolling thru "All Packages". OpenSSh will appear twice in your uninstall but you can connect back into the phone with root/alpine and delete the 300mb.

I tried the MeCCA trick on 1.1.3 but all sounds stopped working after a while. I put the original MeCCA file back and everything works. Even ringtones I copied over via SSH.

That should solve 2 or 3 of your 5 issues.

If it works don't forget the thanks button.

hey, i recently upgraded to 1.1.3, then downgraded back to 1.1.1, and tried to do a jailbreak upgrade, it was successful but is not recognizing the baseband, i'm not sure of my bootloader version and i don't know how to check, if somebody could pleease help me that would be great, i really just want to get back to a jailbroken phone with working baseband, i don't even care which version anymore.. thanks

Anyone happen to notice their music no longer playing? I can hit play and pause on the iPhone but no music comes out. A few songs seem to be ok but most of them don't produce sound.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XAlliedYouthX View Post
    I copied Customize over to my phone but the program just locks at the "Spicy Chicken" screen. Anything special you had to do to make it run correctly?
    This issue has always been present (even in 1.1.2) Close and reload it a bunch (by that I mean 10 times or so) until it works.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGotTheRiteTemp View Post
    i got openssh to reinstall but i cant connect to it via cuteftp (i used it for 1.1.2 all the time)

maybe the user and password to connect changed?
    Try username root password alpine

Quote Originally Posted by psybert View Post

where is the 300 MB, ive heard about this but i never looked around for it

The 300mb is the upgraded image in /var/root/Media/softupgrade. The softupgrade directory can be deleted as it not needed after a successful update

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmmhshiney View Post
    The 300mb is the upgraded image in /var/root/Media/softupgrade. The softupgrade directory can be deleted as it not needed after a successful update
    Thanks!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast