Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Big problem

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Big problem
    My phone got stuck on bootneuter and erased my basband somehow. I now cannot even get to my home screen and every time I try to restore the phone it gives me an error, I have tried 1.1.1, 1.1.4, 1.0.2 and still no help. I really need some advice!

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvlyssup's Avatar
    Thanks

What version on iTunes are you using?

What error message pops up when you restore the phone?
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!

7.7.11 newest

Thanks

iTunes 7.7 only works on FW 2.0 and up...

Older FW (1.0.2 to 1.1.4) requires version 7.6.1 and lower. (7.5 is ideal)

Downgrade iTunes and try it again. If you get error 1011, 1012, 1013, or 1015, this is normal. If you get error 1601, 1602, 1600 or anything else, it isn't okay and try it again.

Once it is a success, kick the iPhone out of recovery mode using iBrickr or iLiberty. I suggest you cut to the chase and pwn your iPhone instead and you should be good to go.
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I would pwn but I only have a PC with Xp and Vista. I upgraded my iTunes because of advice form another site. Thanks for the help I'll keep trying with the older iTunes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by biganold View Post
    I would pwn but I only have a PC with Xp and Vista.
    Use WinPwn 2.0.0.3
    Main Page - WinPwn

Only upgrade to 7.7 if you're going to be running FW 2.0. I suggest waiting until all the bugs are worked out before going to FW 2.0. And then use WinPwn to activate, JB, and unlock your iPhone.

Good Luck.
    Last edited by rvlyssup; 2008-08-03 at 08:04 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    8/3/2008 1:21:51 PM - Creating ramdisk
    8/3/2008 1:21:51 PM - Padding ramdisk
    8/3/2008 1:21:52 PM - Ramdisk successfully created
    8/3/2008 1:21:52 PM - Sending ramdisk to iPhone.
    8/3/2008 1:21:54 PM - Transfer took 1937.5ms
    8/3/2008 1:21:54 PM - Modifying environment...
    8/3/2008 1:21:54 PM - Starting pwnage
    8/3/2008 1:22:26 PM - iPhone left recovery mode
    8/3/2008 1:23:18 PM - iPhone entered recovery mode
    8/3/2008 1:23:18 PM - Your iPhone has entered recovery after pwning!

I cant find the old version of winpwn to boot older versions of frimware but I am in the process of looking for it.

Also it will not stay in DFU mode

Heres the log

8/3/2008 3:29:06 PM - iPhone left recovery mode
    8/3/2008 3:29:07 PM - iPhone connected (DFU)
    8/3/2008 3:29:10 PM - iPhone disconnected (DFU)
    8/3/2008 3:29:12 PM - iPhone entered recovery mode
    Last edited by biganold; 2008-08-03 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I cant find the old version of winpwn to boot older versions of frimware but I am in the process of looking for it.
    PM Sent...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I got the pm and the program but wouldnt let me load 1.1.3 or 1.1.2

I'll continue to look but I do appreciate it!

The older version will only load 1.1.4, get unkown file error when loading 1.1.3 or older. I dl'ed the firmware from here so I don't see that they would be bad files.

The older version will only load 1.1.4, get unkown file error when loading 1.1.3 or older. I dl'ed the firmware from here so I don't see that they would be bad files.
    Last edited by biganold; 2008-08-04 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i had the same problem just last night, i followed the steps to use pnwage without unlocking so i could just jailbreak my phone, but it went through the bootneuter process anyway, so i unplugged my iphone to stop it and got stuck in recovery mode and kept getting error 1604 when trying to restore it in iTunes. it took me 2 hours to find a way to fix it this morning, i got it back to non-unlocked/non-jailbroken, official 2.0 software and i wont be trying to pwn it again for sometime now. Basically, I downgraded to iTunes 7.5 and firmware 1.1.4 and then upgraded to 2.0. The process should just take about 30-60 mins, including wait time for restores and downloads...This is what i did.
    1. I used my windows computer (my iphone was formatted for my mac). So try a different computer, preferably a windows.
    2. Uninstall iTunes 7.7 on that computer (restart when prompted) and download iTunes 7.5 from here : Download iTunes 7.5.0.20 - FileHippo.com. (needless to say, if u dont have iTunes on that computer just download iTunes 7.5 and skip step 3)
    3. When you try to open it u might get the error that it can open because of iTunes Library.itl was used on a newer version. So go to My Documents, My Music, and then iTunes, and change 'iTunes Library.itl' to 'iTunes Library.itl.old'. Then go into Previous iTunes Libraries and copy one of them into the iTunes folder and rename it 'iTunes Library.itl' (i used my oldest dated one since the newer ones are formatted for 7.7 and other newer versions).
    4. Download firmware 1.1.4 from here: iPhone software 1.1.4 released: update precautions and troubleshooting - iPhone Atlas (just click on where it says 165 MB standalone download)
    5. Plug in ur iPhone, put it in DFU mode (make sure phone is off, hold power and home button til screen goes black, then let go of power button and hold only the home button until ur computer recognizes the usb device.
    6. iTunes should bring you to the device page, hold shift and click restore, and select the firmware 1.1.4 that you downloaded.
    7. for me, it was smooth sailing from there, it restored perfect going through its typical restore stages
    8. When it was done, it was activated and everything was good. i was running a clean 1.1.4 firmware. Then i plugged it into my mac, and updated and restored back to firmware 2.0 and got no errors, it updated just as it should and from its back up so i lost nothing. and i am now running on official 2.0 and everything is working like it's supposed to

i searched so many mod/hack sites and forums and had to compile a whole bunch of solutions this morning and probably aged a year while waiting to see if the restores would work, so i hope i made it really concise and easy for u. i was freaking out when it happened. hope this helps!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The only problem is I can't get my phone to stay in DFU mode, it sends it right back into recovery.

I got it to go back to springboard using ziphone to set it in normal mode but once I tried to use iTunes to revert back to 1.1.3 it gave me an error and set back to recovery, I have been unable to move out of recovery again. Also my winpwn ver 1.0 RC1 is showing that it is

8/4/2008 8:28:59 PM - This is winpwn ver.:1.0.0.3 RC1

Is this the reason I can't use the older firmware with it?

Ok so I can get my phone back to 1.1.4 status and keep it there, but still no baseband. I cant use DFU mode because it only stays there for around 10 seconds. If there was a way I could get winpwn to recognize older firmware I'm sure I could load it back to 1.1.2 or 1.1.3. When my phone is in normal mode and I launch iBrickr it does not give me the option to revert to 1.0.2 also.

Been working on the phone all day and the only progress I have made is to get to 1.1.1. I still can't get to 1.0.2 and still have no BB. Someone has to know where to go from here?
    Last edited by biganold; 2008-08-06 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

When you say NO baseband you go into Settings, General, About, Modem Firmware... and it's blank? If this is the case a restore re-writes the correct baseband back to the phone.

Give me a re-cap: What firmware were you on when running bootneuter... what firmware are you trying to get to?...
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2008-08-06 at 02:24 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    When running bootneuter i was on 1.1.4

As of now I am on 1.1.1 and the settings go as follows

Wi-Fi Address N/A
    Bluetooth 00:00:00:00:00:00
    IMEI Blank
    ICCID Blank
    Modem Firmware Blank

I was going to 2.0 in the process

When going into DFU it will acknowledge that is in the DFU mode and as soon I click OK ini iTunes it will drop out and go to Recovery mode. This happens if I do it manually or through iLiberty or ziPhone.

At the moment I am on the springboard of firmware 1.1.1 with the settings listed above. I Jailbroke and Activated using iLiberty+ and am stuck. There had been no luck changing firmware in winpwn as it will not recognize any of the files previous to 1.1.4 and I am using the older version of winpwn.

Thanks

When running bootneuter i was on 1.1.4

As of now I am on 1.1.1 and the settings go as follows

Wi-Fi Address N/A
    Bluetooth 00:00:00:00:00:00
    IMEI Blank
    ICCID Blank
    Modem Firmware Blank
    Unless someone else can chime in and correct me, only FW 1.1.3 re-writes the BB. I assume that 1.1.4 or above FWs do the same thing but I have never tried it. I F**ked up my BB twice on one of my iPhones doing the same thing (downgrading the BB) and getting the dreaded "repair needed" message. Restoring to 1.1.3 fixed it everytime.

Okay, lets start from scratch...step by step.

I assume you are still on version 7.5...if not, download the file, uninstall 7.7.1, restart the PC, and install 7.5.

Download Apple FW 1.1.3 and save it. If you already have it, awesome!

Once 7.5 is installed, open iTunes and dock the iPhone. Click shift + restore and select 1.1.3 and restore the iPhone.

Tell me what error message you get.
    Last edited by rvlyssup; 2008-08-06 at 05:41 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I got error 1011.

Thanks

I got error 1011.
    Woohoo...success!

Use iBrickr classic to boot the iPhone...

Tell me what happens...

BTW, the BB should also be restored. (4.03.05_G)
    Last edited by rvlyssup; 2008-08-06 at 07:53 PM. Reason: BB Info correction...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I tried to boot the phone with iBrickr but the screen stays green in which it gives the instruction that I must restore in iTunes. Also I noticed whenever I turn my phone off and back it it starts in recovery mode, making me use iLiberty to kick it out into normal mode.

Thanks

I tried to boot the phone with iBrickr but the screen stays green in which it gives the instruction that I must restore in iTunes.
    That is okay, If you restore one more time, you will get another error 1015 and if you use iBrickr, the screen should now be red. iBrickr will kick the iPhone out of recovery mode. Looks like you used iLiberty instead and that you are good to go. No need to re-restore the phone.
    Also I noticed whenever I turn my phone off and back it it starts in recovery mode, making me use iLiberty to kick it out into normal mode.
    Using iBrickr and iLiberty is the same when kicking the iPhone out of recovery mode. iBrickr is just more temperemental. You should be on the "slide for emergency calls only" and dialer screen...

Unistall all versions of WinPwn from your PC. You cannot have multiple versions of the same program running. Once you do that, re-install WinPwn 2.0.0.3 and pwn your iPhone...

Post the results and hopefully we move on to the next step...
    Last edited by rvlyssup; 2008-08-06 at 07:43 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I got until the point where it went into DFU mode and told me to restore via iTunes in 1.0.2 but I still don't think it is staying in DFU mode. It gave me an error 4 pretty quick compared to how long it took with the other firmware.

I got it to stop giving me an error by uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling (ver 7.5). Now instead of an error it hangs at Waiting for iPone. I stumbled across this

I've racked my brains about this for a while [12 hours] and I know alot of you are having these same troubles, especially Windows XP users.

What I've come to realise is that the iPod's data has become corrupted somehow. The only way to get around this is to reformat it. Yes folks, you're gonna have to LOSE ALL YOUR FILES ON THE IPOD.

I was very adamant at first, but if you've exhausted the entire Support Troubleshooting pages and none work... this is the only way.

To DELETE ALL DATA and REFORMAT, do this:

****Make sure the iPod is not connected to PC.

Uninstall iPod and iTunes programs on your PC.

Make sure any non essential system utilities like anti-virus, IE, Firewall, Internet connectivity, MSN, AIM, whatever is OFF.

Make sure any existing iPod and iTunes services are off by CTRL+ALT+DELETE and clicking Processes. End Task 'iTunesHelpers', 'iTunes', 'ipod service'.

On the iPod, press and hold the 'Menu' and 'Centre' buttons for longer than 6 seconds. The Apple Logo will appear.

Then press and hold 'Play Pause' and 'Menu' buttons for longer than 6 seconds to go into 'Disk Mode'

Now plug your iPod into your USB.

Wait for the computer to load profiles, this may take awhile so do not do anything until its finished. It may seem like its hanging but bear with me.

Right Click 'My Computer'> Manage > Disk Management
    You'll see your iPod Volume there. Again it may hang but let it work its magic.

Right click the iPod drive [absolutely make sure it's the iPod and not your PC hard drives!] and click 'Format'

Ignore the 'Volume Label' and 'Allocation unit size'
    Change File system to "FAT 32".

Make sure 'Perform a quick format' and 'Enable file and folder compression' are unticked.

Then click OK.

This may take a long time to reformat on USB 2.0. Roughly an hour.

When the Status is 100%, you will notice in 'My Computer' that you can access the thing and it will not hang or crash.

Eject the iPod.

Now restart the PC.

Install iPod Updater and restart again. Don't install iTunes.

Now plug the iPod back in the PC.

Open the iPod Updater software and it will actually recognise the iPod this time.

Click on 'Update' to update the firmware. This will take 5 minutes, you can see after 2 minutes the Apple logo on the iPod and a progressive bar. YOU MUST NOT DISCONNECT, EJECT, TURN OFF PC, OR CRASH THE IPOD EVER AT THIS POINT OR YOU WILL **** UP ROYALLY.

When the 'Update' is complete, click on 'Restore' to restore it to factory settings. This will take a few mins.

VOILA, YOUR IPOD IS NOW FULLY WORKING AND UPDATED BACK TO HOW IT WAS WHEN YOU BOUGHT IT [IF NOT BETTER]

Now re-install your iTunes or whatever programs and refill it

Be wary about what you put on it though, maybe it was something dodgy before that could trigger the fault again.

Good luck
    Can anyone confirm this would work? However dangerous it may be I feel that I am at a point where I need to try something big as nothing else is working. Here is the link to that quote http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ng-iphone.html
    Last edited by biganold; 2008-08-06 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I got until the point where it went into DFU mode and told me to restore via iTunes in 1.0.2 but I still don't think it is staying in DFU mode. It gave me an error 4 pretty quick compared to how long it took with the other firmware.
    I thought that you already restored to 1.1.3 and got error 1011? By getting that error, (which is normal and good) that repaired your BB. You should now be on the (activate) "slide for emergency calls only" and dialer screen. Where is 1.0.2 coming from?

Unless I am missing something, you wanted to repair your BB first and then activate, jailbreak, and unlock your iPhone.

If the phone is in recovery mode, you will see the plug and iTunes logo.
    If the phone is in DFU mode, screen is black.

iTunes will always say "detected in recovery mode" regardless of what mode the iPhone is in. The initial problem you encountered is easy to fix and I believe that has happened. The next time you will need to use the restore option in iTunes is when your iPhone has been pwnd and that you are going to restore using custom FW 1.1.3.
    Last edited by rvlyssup; 2008-08-07 at 02:38 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast