Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Big problem

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I thought the point of using iBrickr was to restore to 1.0.2. I can keep trying to get to 1.1.3 but I keep getting the errors from iTunes and unsuccesfully updating from my current 1.1.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvlyssup's Avatar
    Thanks

If I may ask, why would you want to go back to 1.0.2?

iBrickr is old school. With the advances in activating, unlocking, and JB of the iPhone, there are better methods. Read up on Nate True's Blog, creator of the iBrickr program. cre.ations.net - Creation: iBrickr: Easy iPhone ringtone / app management for Windows. I don't even think he recommends it anymore.

I use iBrickr to get out of recovery mode. That is pretty much it. You have other options...

Read my post (#4) about errors, what is the good kind and the bad ones.
    Last edited by rvlyssup; 2008-08-07 at 02:49 AM.
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok, well the phone got to 1.1.3 the way you intrsucted me by using iBrickr. But now when I try to Jailbreak using iLiberty it gets stuck at

Unlock for bootloader 3.9
    ------------------------------
    Checking bootloader version...

It happened this way before when I was on 1.1.1 without a baseband and I had to use ZiPhone to jailbreak. I already tried Jailbreaking with iBrickr but I let it sit for about 15-20 min and it stayed frozen.

I know that Im probably being annoying I just have been working on this since Saturday and it just bugs me that I am doing something wrong, I do however appreciate your help very much!
    Last edited by biganold; 2008-08-07 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by biganold View Post
    Ok, well the phone got to 1.1.3 the way you intrsucted me by using iBrickr. But now when I try to Jailbreak using iLiberty it gets stuck at

Unlock for bootloader 3.9
    ------------------------------
    Checking bootloader version...

It happened this way before when I was on 1.1.1 without a baseband and I had to use ZiPhone to jailbreak. I already tried Jailbreaking with iBrickr but I let it sit for about 15-20 min and it stayed frozen.

I know that Im probably being annoying I just have been working on this since Saturday and it just bugs me that I am doing something wrong, I do however appreciate your help very much!
    I have not used iLiberty but heard it is pretty easy like ZiPhone. I don't know if you looked at this: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/news/62...e-windows.html. If you tried that already, give WinPwn another chance. Start with a fresh install of the program. Uninstall all versions of WinPwn on your PC and restart it. Then re-install WinPwn 2.0.0.3. After install, open the program, makes sure iTunes is running, and dock the iPhone. Don't worry about the message about "iPhone detected in recovery mode, blah, blah, blah. Pwn it and then build the custom FW (using 1.1.3 FW) Then restore in iTunes using that file. You should be good to go.

It is no problem, I can help the best I can. You will get her running again...
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Both ZiPhone and iLiberty seem to be about the same, I like certain features on each one though.

I have managed to keep bouncing back between firmwares and can never get the baseband back. Not sure what else to try kinda frustrating knowing I can do the rest and just not getting the baseband back.

It seems odd that no one else has had this exact problem or figured out how to resolve it. I'm not sure if I should just keep bouncing back between the different versions of firmware or give up and wait for someone who has encountered this before. I am going to try and upgrade to 2.0 just to see what happens and if I dont get anything from it I am going to downgrade again.
    Last edited by biganold; 2008-08-09 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I was wondering if you are on a legit (iPhone plan) at&t account?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    No, I am on a legit T-Mobile plan, but since the person in which I bought it from the 4-year ATT warranty applies to, although he is in Ireland.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by biganold View Post
    No, I am on a legit T-Mobile plan, but since the person in which I bought it from the 4-year ATT warranty applies to, although he is in Ireland.
    My bad, what I meant by "legit" is the 2 year iPhone plan with at&t w/unlimited internet and 200 text ($20/month extra) 1st generation plan...

If you were, I was going to suggest maybe just restroring to the current FW (2.0.1) and be done with it and wait for the newest Activate/JB/unlock method(s) to be released and try it again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12