Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreaking problem

Default jailbreaking problem
    Hi guys.

Little stuck.

I have jailbrocken a few iphones now (from 1.1.1).

had to reinstall 1.1.1 yesterday, and now i cant jailbreak it.

it loads jailbreakme.com, goes to install the app, and just keeps going to slide for emergency.

its the 4th one i have done, any ideas whats going wrong ?

folowing ins from the video.

1.1.2 otb.

ta.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Try again later. Sometimes jailbreakme.com doesn't work quite right. (By the way TONS of posts like this in the past (I can think of at least 5 this month!) Do a fresh restore if it doesn't work throughout the day.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

LOL Just stay calm. It will work. Jailbreakme.com is kind of touchy. The file might be down or something. I have had this same issue before. If you have already restored, just try again later today. You will get it eventually!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

I hear you Tim...jailbreakme.com was iffy for me as well. Does anyone know the exact variables are with jailbreakme.com? Why is it touchy, and works sometimes, and sometimes it doesnt? It's worked for me...but when jailbreaking my girl's phone, it never took. I just resorted to 1.02 Whyyyyy?

iPhone? More like MyPhone loocfa's Avatar
    Thanks

you may have already seen this but cant hurt. i found this awhile ago, cant remember where thou, but it worked for me:

Yeah, you heard it right! The best guide ever, just buy an iPhone from AAPL or ATT and sit there in the store and unlock it - the simplest it can ever get! You need WiFi btb!!No Mac or PC required! Unlock the iPhone straight out of the box! Save the money from investing in Unlocking software and use it wisely
    1. Slide for Emergency calls, dial *#307# press call, now use the back button on the top of your screen to remove *#307# , now enter 0 , press call, press answer, press hold, press decline. Now you get to the contact list.
    2. Push contacts and add a new contact and type in “prefs://11″ as web-address and “http://jailbreakme.com” as an additional URL.
    4. When you tap “prefs://11″ you can now select your preferred WiFi gateway. I recommend an open WiFi network
    5. Now press the home button and move the slider to the dial-pad. Repeat step 1 till you can access contacts.
    6. Now you can go back to the contact list by Dialing 0, push call, then answer, then contacts, then hit the “http://jailbreakme.com” web address you typed in.
    7. Scroll down to the bottom, click “Install AppSnapp”. Safari will exit and you’ll return to your springboard. Wait for the phone to reboot. Your phone is now jailbroken and Installer.app is ready to be explored (If it refuses to install, try installing it till you see the downloading thingy on the screen! It took more than 6 attempts on one of my friend’s iPhone!)
    Well, at this stage, your iPhone should be activated partially - Cingular should work just fine! All the other networks should do a little tweaking to use your iPhone as a phone!

After typing a pleeding message on hee using my iphone and loosing it my hair was just about out but i thought i'll have a few more goes and after more than 24 hours im jail broken again. Cheers guys.

Also if therea any one on here who helps with the jailbreak software, if you needa host your welcome to upload it to my website/space incase it goes down......

Just a thought and thanks for keeping me calm guys.

X

Tim.

Thanks

LOL I am in this boat now too
    I wanted to do a fresh restore in order to do the 1.1.3 jailbreak and have had success one time with jailbreaking 1.1.1 after a restore. Something went wrong with 1.1.3 so I did another restore. Have been trying for an hour to jailbreak the phone again :/

iPhone? More like MyPhone iancallaghan's Avatar
    Thanks

Help please. I am stuck on the emergency calls only screen. i can call *#307# and do as you say but I cannot get the contacts screen. it just keeps going back to emergency calls only screen.

please help.

Help please. I am stuck on the emergency calls only screen. i can call *#307# and do as you say but I cannot get the contacts screen. it just keeps going back to emergency calls only screen.

please help.

please help.
    Last edited by iancallaghan; 2008-02-02 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost