Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Agh! 1.1.3 keeps crashing... (help)

Default Agh! 1.1.3 keeps crashing... (help)
    My phone crashes every time I pick "Settings":"General":"About"

I have restored 1.1.3 twice in a row and yet it still crashes.

I purchased my phone on the first day. I later jailbroke it. I'm now at 1.1.3.

Can anyone help me? Or help me help myself?

Thanks

It's nothing to do with you it's the 1.1.3 FW....I am having the same issues along with it locking up alot or certain buttons on the screen dont work sometimes.....it messed my first phone up (and i thought it was from jailbreaking ) so they replaced it with a 1.1.2 and updated it to 1.1.3 and im still having all the issues.....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stlcaddie For This Useful Post:

GreedySmurf (2008-01-25)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome! Nice job apple
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

I think Apple have lost the plot. They are more concerned with security on the iphone now and stopping people jailbreaking / unlocking, that they are screwing up the general use of the iphone.

The best move here is not to upgrade.

I updated my unlocked jailbroken phone from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 because I got AT&T and my phone has worked fine maybe its the luck of the draw. I didnt virginize or anything I was using Tmobile my contract was up so I updated and I switched to AT&T and that was it. No problems since, only thing is my carrier icon remained my name and ithonk my apps are still there but I just can't access them yet until they release the jailbreak.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to robsiphone For This Useful Post:

GreedySmurf (2008-01-25)

Default Q?
    This is a quesion for someone with more knowlege than myself:
    - Is it possible that my phone crashes because I ran the program that moves my apps and other files from the small partition to the larger one? (If those files are still out there the OS might assume it has more space than it actually does.)
    - If thats the case does the virginizer fix that?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah2k View Post
    I think Apple have lost the plot. They are more concerned with security on the iphone now and stopping people jailbreaking / unlocking, that they are screwing up the general use of the iphone.

The best move here is not to upgrade.
    WHAT?!?!?!!? But Apple products are intuitive and easy and they JUST WORK!!!!!! This can not be!!!!!! Welcome to the world of combating hacks and pirates. It's an uphill battle from here... feeling bad for bagging on Windows in all your commercials?

No, this should have been erased with the update to 1.1.3
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2008-01-24 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

GreedySmurf (2008-01-25)

no , all my iphones i did moved all app to larger partition they seem running ok

12. The Following User Says Thank You to johnd For This Useful Post:

GreedySmurf (2008-01-25)

So...
    Is there anyone who can theorize why my phone crashes when I do a "settings:general:about"?
    Should I get an exchange?