Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upgraded to 2.0 now no wifi or bluetooth!! HELP!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default upgraded to 2.0 now no wifi or bluetooth!! HELP!!!
    hi guys im new to this site and to the iphone world (but am moderately knowledgable and tech smart) just bought a one month old iphone from ebay last month, it was unlocked using ziphone and everything worked great except the battery drains way to fast, anyways i waited a while after the 2.0 upgrade came out to get the jailbreak/ unlock from the dev team(winpwn2.0.3), and read some sites and it seemed to work so i thought, hey it cant be bad to have installer and the app store, so i went ahead and upgraded to 2.0 from 1.4 using the winpwn tool from dev team, it succesfully upgraded/ unlocked and activated my phone, but as soon as i unplugged it from the cable i noticed that there was no wifi signal in the upper left corner, ahhh i have no wifi, so i went to settings and the wifi button was greyed out and im unable to tap it, also the bluetooth is like that also so i went to settings- general- about, and under wifi address it says n/a and bluetooth says 00:00:00:00:00:00??

so just like i unlocked this and upgraded on my own from surfing the net and found the info on my own i figured i could fix this on my own but nope, ive tried everything i found on the web, restoring to 2.0= negative, restoring to 1.4=negative downgrading the bootloader and baseband=negative so i tried unlocking/jailbreaking with iliberty on1.4= negative finally im back to where i started jailbroken and unlocked using ziphone on 1.4 but no wifi or bluetooth if any one can help me i would be greatly appeciative.

brandon

please feel free to email me directly also if any one lives in my area im in rhode island.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

i take that youre with ATT service..you would need to repwn your fone..if so, when building your custom ipsw, on the general tab, you need to UNCHECK ACTIVATE option...itunes will activate for you if youre a legit user.

and if youre not with ATT try this:

Restore your phone back to the standard iPSW
    Create your custom pwned iPSW, do NOT select "activate phone" or "Youtube fix" - only select "Install Cydia"
    Take out your SIM card (this is important)
    Put the phone into DFU mode
    pwn as normal
    once pwned, unplug iPhone, insert your SIM and plug in again.
    activate through iTunes as a new phone (also important)

Goodluck.
    Last edited by SundayDuffer; 2008-08-02 at 10:03 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sorry but how is that going to activate my phone through i tunes, i have t-mobile? if i dont activate the phone when i pwn it, will itunes activate it even tho its not an att sim?

ok so i was about to give up when i said let me try and restore my phone one more time for the hell of it, so i restored back to 1.4 thru itunes, then i used iliberty to jailbreak unlock etc.. this time i checked off 7 items from their payloads.
    1. activate
    2. cydia
    3. dev team grey wifi fix
    4. fisx for no signal no wifi fo bluetooth
    5. installer
    6. unlock
    7. youtube fix
    and hit go for it. bam my wifi isnt greyed out any more or my bluetooth, it lets me choose my network, but for some reason it won't connect now!!! one step closer has any one had this problem??
    Last edited by biggdawg; 2008-08-03 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hmm, did you download that "greyed wifi" first and installed that fix first, then used the "fix wifi, fix bluetooth, etc" Both are available in iliberty. Let me know if it works, cause my freind has the same problem trying to fix his too.

i tried every thing and this finally worked just open boot neuter turn on 3.9 turn on fake bank turn on nuter then hit flash and then restart twice back to norman walla hey i had been working on trying to get my wifi back to working for 3weeks I TRIED EVERYTHING TRY THIS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to trevelyn For This Useful Post:

Janstin (2009-06-26)

didn't work for me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Alright os i tryed all that it worked the first tie! but do i need to keep doing that if i turn my phone off? or what?