Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak release possibly tonight or tomorrow

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Lightbulb 1.1.3 Jailbreak release possibly tonight or tomorrow
    iPhone Atlas is reporting a possible release of a jailbreak for 1.1.3 tonight or tomorrow. Supposedly there is a hardware jailbreak and two software jailbreaks, one of which will be released and the other held until Apple releases the SDK. Supposedly........

http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2008/01/23/iphone-113-jailbreak-to-be-released-soon

damn no joke

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm hopeful. I want my 1.1.3 and Installer.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

I won't hold my breath. I am happy with 1.1.2.

Reako

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    I won't hold my breath. I am happy with 1.1.2.

Reako
    same here... i heard most of the apps wouldn't even work with 1.1.3

iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll probably wait for the one that comes out with the SDK because by then there will be apps and everything set up for it.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

iphone atlas is notoriously bad at sourcing their news.

Thanks for making my uncertain thoughts concrete cash. I'll wait for the SDK.

Reako

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

oh i didnt say that it wasnt going to happen, I said iphoneatlas fails to cite where they get their information from, while it may be a legit source you would never know b/c iphoneatlas isnt a legit site

it's okay though, I bet there are many people here know that the source for iphone atlas's amazing information in this particular case would be a public board on certain site, that starts with an "h" a few different iphone irc rooms, etc.

I'm just saying that iphone atlas sucks -- which would be my personal opinion, I'm not saying that ipa is wrong that a second jailbreak has been reportedly found and is also said to be released very soon

Thanks

Well I hope it is release soon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    oh i didnt say that it wasnt going to happen, I said iphoneatlas fails to cite where they get their information from, while it may be a legit source you would never know b/c iphoneatlas isnt a legit site

it's okay though, I bet there are many people here know that the source for iphone atlas's amazing information in this particular case would be a public board on certain site, that starts with an "h" a few different iphone irc rooms, etc.

I'm just saying that iphone atlas sucks -- which would be my personal opinion, I'm not saying that ipa is wrong that a second jailbreak has been reportedly found and is also said to be released very soon
    well said boss!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, posting a listing saying that something may or may not be here tomorrow is pointless, in my opinion. When it is released I am sure it will be the topic of all discussion, so we will know as soon as it hits the streets anyway. Either way, thanks for keeping us informed
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Guys - m afraid the iphoneatlas people r trying to reedem their Image lol

Heres whats posted on Nate.true Blug

http://cre.ations.net/blog

Here's how you do it:
    - Start with a 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 jailbroken phone with Installer.app installed.
    - Plug in your phone via USB to your computer.
    - Download, extract, and run iBrickr Special 1.1.3 jailbreak edition (ibrickr.exe in the archive).
    - iBrickr will determine what firmware you are running on your phone and make sure you can run the update.
    - iBrickr will then guide you through the process of obtaining and modifying the 1.1.3 firmware (make sure to read everything thoroughly).
    - iBrickr will upload the new firmware image to your phone. Note that this only puts the file on your phone and does not modify it at all, yet.
    - When iBrickr finishes (should take about 10 minutes), it will tell you to go to Installer and install the "1.1.3 soft upgrade" package. Do that.
    - When the installer finishes (this should take another 10-15 minutes), your phone should reboot with a fresh activated 1.1.3 firmware.
    Last edited by jayc7176; 2008-01-24 at 11:19 PM.

Thanks

It has been released. But it dont work for me b/c I have 1.1.3.

You need to downgrade before jailbreaking. There's a guide over at TUAW on how to downgrade 1.1.3

So much hype over premature ejaculation...It is here but = > 102