Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.0 FW help

Default 2.0 FW help
    I had a perfectly fine working iphone, which had fw 1.1.4, then one day my lil brother came along and updated 2.0, [what a kick in the nuts] now i cant get my phone back the way it was or better yet even have it working, ive tried restoring, restoring in FDU, zi phone, ibrickr winpwn, and i can go on, my phone is in recovery mode and it wont go else where, it comes up when i go full 2.0, now its just dead,

just wondering if there is anyone with any last recommendations before this goes in the back of my sock drawer

i should also mention that i have been getting alot of errors, iphone cannot be restored 1610, 20, 7, 8 some other numbers aswell, i am really tired sorry if this sounds like gibberish been up 24hrs just trying to have a working iphone, [really depressed]
    Last edited by thebug3000; 2008-08-01 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Did you try restoring back to 1.1.4?
    If so have you tried restoring to 1.1.5?

If it is in restore mode, does itunes detect it? If so, restore to 1.1.4 and use ziphone or any software to jailbreak it and then pwned it to upgrade it to 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by KneeGrr View Post
    Did you try restoring back to 1.1.4?
    If so have you tried restoring to 1.1.5?
    Yes ive tried that, sorry i was unaware they had a 1.1.5 il go look that up

Quote Originally Posted by satch2501 View Post
    If it is in restore mode, does itunes detect it? If so, restore to 1.1.4 and use ziphone or any software to jailbreak it and then pwned it to upgrade it to 2.0.
    Yes itunes detects it even if it is in DFU or is it FDU but as soon as it gets pass the extraction bit a error comes up, the last time it work was on my computer at work restoring it to 2.0

What version of iTunes do you have?
    If it's 7.7, you have to DFU restore (BE SURE you're doing it correctly! The screen should be black when iTunes detects it!) to 2.0, if you have iTunes 7.6 and below, you can restore to 1.1.4 and use some of the one-click methods.
    The important thing is that you restore it and get it running.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeckel View Post
    What version of iTunes do you have?
    If it's 7.7, you have to DFU restore (BE SURE you're doing it correctly! The screen should be black when iTunes detects it!) to 2.0, if you have iTunes 7.6 and below, you can restore to 1.1.4 and use some of the one-click methods.
    The important thing is that you restore it and get it running.
    Yes i been doing exactly that with 7.7 and i havent gotten it back to its original state, i have also downgraded to 7.5 and also 7.3 just to get it running back on 1.1.4, i just woke up, i spent all night just getting it back running, im going to give it another go in a couple hours, il try both itunes version again just incase.

keep the help coming guys i do apreciate it [thumps up]

Make sure you put it in DFU mode not restore mode with iTunes 7.7. You should then be able to reinitialize the restore.

Thank you guys for all the help so far

I come bearing good news, i restored the phone back to its original state, using itunes 7.5 on a different computer

I ran itunes first by removing 7.7 and putting on 7.5
    then restoring it with 1.1.4, i got the error naturally then did the restore again and got another error
    i then turned to ibrickr and got the phone to boot [greatest sigh of relief]
    Then after which unlocked it using ziphone and now i have a normal working iphone
    i still have on little problem

Youtube not working, and the phone it self not reading my sim card, so basically i have a ipod touch here

Any ideas how to get it to read my sim card so i can use my actual phone, and youtube i know there are fixes out there for it, anybody have any simpler way of doing this, and i was also reading that my sms might not be working either if i got it back working is that true

thank again guys for the help
    bug

Why not use itunes 7.7 to upgrade/restore to 2.0

Use winpwn to jailbreak, unlock and activate.

You will have the latest firmware, access to the itunes apps store, access to apps for jailbroken 2.0, etc. (and your sim, utube, etc should be working)

After the jailbreak, be sure to setup as NEW and not from backup.
    Last edited by hiflyer; 2008-08-02 at 04:50 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hiflyer For This Useful Post:

thebug3000 (2008-08-08)

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Why not use itunes 7.7 to upgrade/restore to 2.0

Use winpwn to jailbreak, unlock and activate.

You will have the latest firmware, access to the itunes apps store, access to apps for jailbroken 2.0, etc. (and your sim, utube, etc should be working)

After the jailbreak, be sure to setup as NEW and not from backup.
    Im going to be completly honest with you, i have no idea how to use winpwn, i love the thought of having the latest firmware and everything working, but going through what i been through, trust me, a working phone to a dead one, il keep the working phone, i will give it thought but in the time being can you post a detail instructions as to how to do it, especially the winpwn part

I got the phone working again using kiphone sms and youtube still not workiing

but as said post the instructions and il look it through, or give me a link to it

thanks

OK on getting your phone working. This is a link for winpwn guide.

Winpwn 2.0 Guide - iPhone News & Review

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hiflyer For This Useful Post:

thebug3000 (2008-08-02)

Thanks

What if you just take it to the apple store?

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    OK on getting your phone working. This is a link for winpwn guide.

Winpwn 2.0 Guide - iPhone News & Review
    Oh sweet, that looks fairly simple, il give it a go later on then, work pwns me at this time and i gave you a thanks [thanks meng]

Ok well i did the 2.0 upgrade and guess what, my youtube works but i am still unable to receive text messages

on the other hand, my girlfriend also wanted the update and i did it on hers, now her youtube doesn't work, and it was working before but she is still able to receive text messages, i wonder if its because i turned on the youtube fix on hers?

any thoughts guys?
    Last edited by thebug3000; 2008-08-03 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    EXPERIENCE FROM THE PAST | TECHNOLOGY FOR THE FUTURE

you only need the youtube fix if youtube _wasn't_ working before.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to xogen For This Useful Post:

thebug3000 (2008-08-08)

Quote Originally Posted by xogen View Post
    you only need the youtube fix if youtube _wasn't_ working before.
    Thank you xogen, so basically i should now run the 2.0 upgrade again and my youtube should be fine right??

Should. I had the same problem so I flashed with the original 2.0 firmware, made sure youtube worked, and then flashed with the pwned firmware. as long as you connect to itunes after you use youtube, itunes will tell your phone,touch that you are activated.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to xogen For This Useful Post:

thebug3000 (2008-08-04)

Ok il check it out

What about not receiving text messages, any thoughts?

oh can a Moderator move this to the Iphone upgrade page please, posted it in wrong sec

my bad
    Last edited by thebug3000; 2008-08-04 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I now have a fully functional iPhone, my sms works you tube wifi blue tooth everything is working i wanna thank xogen, hiflyer and everybody who helped along the way thank you all and you will all receive thanks from me

have a good one

awaiting version 2.0.1 patiently