Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade: Iphone v. 1.0.2(1C28) / 04.02.13_G to firmware 1.1.1

Default Upgrade: Iphone v. 1.0.2(1C28) / 04.02.13_G to firmware 1.1.1
    Hi,
    I would like to update my Iphone:
    Version: 1.0.2 (1C28)
    Model: MA712
    Modem Firmware:04.02.13_G
    Identical to this: http://kurl.no/cnQK

What is installed on my Iphone:
    sources: AppTapp Official, IFon - Iphone in Norwegian, Trejan.com (misc stuff)
    packages: Mobile Enhancer 2.0, Norwegian language (1.0.2-1.1.2), BSD Subsystem v.1.5, Installer 3.0b9, SummerBoard(Old), Hardware Info.

Btw; I tried to run HWInfo, but it quits after 1-2 seconds, and returns to "home".

Anyway, .. could someone guide me to how to upgrade my phone? Thx

My phone worsk fine, I can call, send sms etc. But would like to have firmware v1.1.2

The Process (1.1.1 or below):

Step 1: If you are on this step, you have iPhone firmware version 1.0.2 or below and it has been activated through iTunes (skip to the next step if you are already on 1.1.1). Open iTunes and connect your iPhone. Shift-click the "Update" button in iTunes under the iPhone tab and navigate to your 1.1.1 Firmware (download here). Allow your iPhone to complete the update to 1.1.1. Restore your iPhone to the latest restore file through iTunes. Don't worry about syncing songs, pictures, movies, etc. yet.

Step 2: If you are on this step, you have iPhone firmware version 1.1.1 and it has been activated through iTunes. Restore your iPhone to Firmware 1.1.1 by shift-clicking on "Restore" in iTunes and navigating to your 1.1.1 Firmware (download here). Allow iTunes to complete the restore and activate your iPhone before proceeding to the next step. Visit www.jailbreakme.com URL on your iPhone. Click "Install AppSnapp". Your iPhone will navigate to another page and briefly show a blue square in the upper corner before Safari crashes. At this point a status HUD should pop-up and display the status of the jailbreak. If you do not see this status HUD, go back to www.jailbreakme.com and try it again. After a successful jailbreak, your iPhone will soft-restart and you will see Installer.app on your homescreen. At this point I find it's best to do a manual restart (hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears. Slide it off, then hold the power button until the iPhone starts back up). This step is optional though.

Step 3: If you are on this step, you have a jailbroken (if you have Installer.app, you are jailbroken) iPhone running 1.1.1 firmware. Click on Installer on you iPhone homescreen and allow it to check and refresh your sources. If necessary, update Installer (you will see an Installer update in the update tab in Installer if this is necessary). Under the Install tab, navigate to Tweaks (1.1.1) > OktoPrep and download OktoPrep. After the download, click the home button and allow the iPhone to soft-restart. Back in iTunes, shift-click on "Upgrade" (NOT RESTORE!) and navigate to your 1.1.2 Firmware (download here). If iTunes is already prompting you to upgrade to 1.1.2 it is not necessary to shift-click...simply click "Upgrade" and allow your iPhone to be upgraded (NOTE: if you do this, iTunes will automatically download the firmware taking around 5 mins at broadband speeds). Activate your iPhone through iTunes.

Step 4: If you are on this step, you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.1.2 and had installed OktoPrep on 1.1.1 before upgrading. Close out of iTunes. Unzip and open the folder containing the 1.1.2 Jailbreak (download here). Double-click on windows.bat and hit enter when Command Prompt pops up. A Java window will pop up (I would suggest to check "Install SSH" but that's up to you). Click Jailbreak! A progress bar will pop up and Command Prompt will start displaying code. Let the program run (it should take under 10 minutes). After it's finished it will say "Done! Reboot your device (it will automatically reboot once after you do so)". And wala! JAILBROKEN