Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: want to upgrade to 2.0 but...

Default want to upgrade to 2.0 but...
    i was wondering if i should upgrade to 2.0. im on 1.1.3 jailbroken but i have been having a lot of problems with my phone now. it usually freezes and i have to keep pressing the home and sleep button until it starts working. and my sleep button is kind of jammed so im lost there =(. it would be really hard to put it in dfu mode with this case. i was waiting for a stable winpwn release but i dont know if i can wait anymore because of all the problems i encounter. should i upgrade? any advice is well appreciated. thank you to all!

I posted something similar to this a little while ago and was told that I could just plug it into itunes and upgrade it without any problems since it is only jailbroken and not unlocked. I'm also running 1.1.3 so as long as you know you'll be upgraded to 2.0 unjailbroken and you're fine with that, you should be good. However, I haven't tried it yet because I'm waiting for a 2.0 jailbreak =).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to supgraffix For This Useful Post:

toawkanavngthded (2008-08-01)

@ supgraffix : 2.0 jailbreak is already here. just missing all the freedom of 1.1.x jailbreaks.

@OP: purely personal preference. currently on 2.0 there isn't many apps that you currently have. no summerboard/freeboard. unstable customize... etc. those are the bad. the good is the stability. clearly if you're having those issues, any firmware will be more stable. mutli select emails to delete en mass. that's nice in 2.0. really there isn't much in the way of themeing etc... but it sounds like you're actually breaking your device making your current build functional. i would upgrade and deal with the incompatibility of the apps right now. but that is me. i hate having a broken device that looks good, i'd rather have a functional device that is the same as all the other peeps. as i said, purely personal preference.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jah For This Useful Post:

toawkanavngthded (2008-08-01)

thank you for ur advice. Yea I would want to have a fully functional phone rather than a messed up one. I will miss all my apps though.... I still want to wait for a better version of winpwn but I don't know how long to wait. If my phone acts up again I will update to 2.0. Thanks again!