Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can't upgrade to 1.1.2 since 1.1.3 is out

Default can't upgrade to 1.1.2 since 1.1.3 is out
    Hi there,

I have an OTB 1.1.2_4,6 BL iphone
    Having some troubles to upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, because of the new FW 1.1.3. Before the release, it was downgrading, running oktoprep, upgrading and jailbreak, but since now you have to choose the 1.1.2 FW using Alt+click in iTunes, it erases changes made by oktoprep. How can i upgrade to 1.1.2 and then jailbreakk in these circumstances ? Plz help, devs! Thx in advance. If you could, PM me, or reply to this thread!

After you have upgraded to 1.1.2 you are then suppost to run the jailbreak 1.1.2 executable to get installer back

Check the guides there are plenty of them.........

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

alt click? are you using mac?

i thought mac was option+click

and windows is shift+click

try again?

Im having this similar problem.... after 1.1.1... do i have to upgrade or update to 1.1.2????

after updated to 1.1.2 the windows.bat doesnt work for me... i have a native 1.1.2 otb and toda y i recived the Next Sim 2.

Does anyone know if it works good?

On the part when you are about to update to 1.1.2, since 1.1.3 is out, you CANNOT just simply click on update anymore. Instead, hold shift key then click on update and it will bring out an open dialogue box for you to choose the file you want to update to.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandes View Post
    Hi there,

I have an OTB 1.1.2_4,6 BL iphone
    Having some troubles to upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, because of the new FW 1.1.3. Before the release, it was downgrading, running oktoprep, upgrading and jailbreak, but since now you have to choose the 1.1.2 FW using Alt+click in iTunes, it erases changes made by oktoprep. How can i upgrade to 1.1.2 and then jailbreakk in these circumstances ? Plz help, devs! Thx in advance. If you could, PM me, or reply to this thread!
    In this case I'd suggest you not upgrade to 1.1.2- no reason to actually upgrade-

1.1.2 doesn't really contain that many features; the only needed addon is international stuff...

So unless your first language is not English and you want an iPhone in your mothertongue, It's not really worth it to Upgrade to 1.1.2
    iMac 20' Intel Core 2 duo 2.16GHz, 2GB DDR2-667 SDRAM, Mac OS X 10.5.1 "Leopard"
    Macbook 13' Intel Core 2 duo 2.2GHz, 2GB DDR2-667 SDRAM, Mac OS X 10.5.1 "Leopard" Custom built f/ edu purpose
    iPhone 1.1.2 OTB Week 48 J'B'ken + Activated - no unlock available

Hi there,
    Thx for reply, but the prob is that we used to run oktoprep before jailbreak 1.1.2, but now since the 1.1.3 release, you have to choose the FW file, when you do the option+click in mac, it erases the changes made by oktoprep ( like its written in the readme.txt ) being unable to run the jailbreak 1.1.2, wich returns the msg ( "You must run Oktoprep in 1.1.1 before you jailbreak" ). I'm using a PPC G4, is there a compatibility issue here ?
    Thank You.

you know what bro i get the same ( "You must run Oktoprep in 1.1.1 before you jailbreak" ) as you do, but im on windows..

Long story short.. I stupidly jailbroke the 1.1.3 from 1.1.1 jailbreak to 1.1.2 jailbreak thinking it was going to be great... guess not.. So i restored iphone, Installed the 1.1.1 oktoprep feature to udgrade to 1.1.2 and when i open the windows.bat folder and try to 1.1.2 jailbreak it, i get that message you get..

So now im just gonna stick to 1.1.1 jailbroken till they fix all the problems with the 1.1.3..
    Last edited by eurom3r; 2008-01-26 at 02:46 PM.

eurom3r, did you lose the phone function? I did and am back at 1.1.1 now as well, after this misadventure with the 1.1.3 jailbreak. Hope the real fix comes soon.