Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with upgrading to 2.0! No one can figure this out!

Exclamation Help with upgrading to 2.0! No one can figure this out!
    I'm not exactly sure where to start, so i'll just list off some details.
    I got my phone back when firmware 1.1.3 was out. And when i brought my phone home i jailbroke and unlocked my iphone with Ziphone. I didn't want to upgrade my firmware or anything until 2.0 was out, and nows the time.
    What i can't seem to figure out is how to upgrade to 2.0... haha.
    I know that if i try to restore it with itunes, it'll just brick my phone..
    So i was wondering.. if there was a way to re-lock my phone.. then like un-jailbreak it, wipe all of the memory clean, upgrade to 2.0, then unlock/jailbreak again.
    Is that even possible? Sorry, the only step i'm really stuck on is how to relock and un-jailbreak it, because i don't want my phone to be bricked.
    I'm not sure what other details i need to provide for your help, so feel free to ask any questions I'll be happy to answer. Thanks for your time!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Dear spaz, please use the search function as it will answer all of your questions, or the fancy ******* guide button at the top as well. Not just for decoration people.

PS learn the correct definition of brick. (tip: brick does NOT mean put device back to original state, as how you are using it)

Thanks

To brick an iPhone is to render it useless, so he's actually using it in the right context.

@HyenaSpaz, what you need to do it Pwnage your phone, there's lots of threads and guides on how to do it. There is no need to relock or jail your phone before upgrading.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

To defmute: Umm... thanks for your reply? Sorry to have bothered you.

To Eurisko: Thanks for your reply. I'll look into Pwnage. Ya i thought i was using the term "brick" right But again, thanks

if the directions above dont work, then try this, downgrade the 1.1.3 to 1.0.1 (because 1.0.1 dosent have the software in it to render your phone bricked, so it will just over write everything, then in an upgrade attempt, it will be seen as a phone thats never been touched and upgrading should go without a hitch) i know this because i have already done it before =] good luck =]

Sweet! I'll try that too if I get stuck. Thanks!