Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone only start in DFU Mode

Default iPhone only start in DFU Mode
    Hi guys!

My iPhone is DEAD!

I try to recover my iPhone with this commands:

setenv boot-device nand0
    setenv boot-partition 0
    setenv boot-path /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches/kernelcache.s5l8900xrb
    setenv boot-file nand0:0,/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches/kernelcache.s5l8900xrb
    setenv boot-command fsboot
    setenv display-color-space RGB888
    setenv display-timing opt
    setenv config_board m68ap
    setenv boot delay
    setenv auto-boot true
    saveenv
    reboot

And now, the only mode available is the DFU Mode, de iBoot mode is dead!

HELP!

Default commands...
    auto boot argument should have a question mark. Try also reset and reset all. If you think the autoboot is messed have you tried manual? just try boot. If all else fails upgrading to 1.1.3 should take care of it. Of course you will be locked and stocked for awhile.

-Digitol-

Quote Originally Posted by Digitol View Post
    auto boot argument should have a question mark. Try also reset and reset all. If you think the autoboot is messed have you tried manual? just try boot. If all else fails upgrading to 1.1.3 should take care of it. Of course you will be locked and stocked for awhile.

-Digitol-
    Thank's a lot but the iPhone won't boot! Only DFU mode is available and in this mode I don't send the setenv command. I need to put iPhone in iBoot mode, but this is not availabe.

I try update to 1.1.3 but the iPhone exit the DFU mode and iTunes fail the process.

I need help to clean or recover the environment variables modified by the setenv command.

Help, please!

Hi I have a similar problem with my phone.

The phone will not switch on and the scrren is always blank, the computer and itunes only pick up the phone when it is in dfu mode. nothing appears on the screen. when i try to update the firmware in dfu mode through itunes an error accurs, i think this may be because deuring the upgrade/restore process itunes shut down and restart the phone but the phone does not switch on. I have tried using unlocking software such as Kiphone, Ziphone and pwnage but they all come up with cannot find/connect to iphone. Please help