Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Going from 1.0.2 to 1.1.4 after one failed attempt. Please advice

Default Going from 1.0.2 to 1.1.4 after one failed attempt. Please advice
    Hi,

I've left my original iPhone at 1.0.2 all this while. Now I'm planning to upgrade to 1.1.4. I read the forums and guides and did the following

1) Reverginized the phone using an application from i.unlock.no
    2) Restored 1.1.1 and tried to unlock using one of the guides. The appsnapp failed to jailbreak the phone. It would come back to main screen.
    3) Restored 1.1.2 and successfully jailbroke it with zipPhone. But I ran into 'Keypad and SMS crash'. So decided to downgrade.
    4) Used iBrickr to downgrade to 1.0.2 and unlock/activate.

This is what I'm currently at. 1.0.2 with Modem 04.04.05_G. I plan to go 1.1.4 now... what would you recommend.

Go to 1.1.2 again. Jailbreak with Zip Phone and then again to to 1.1.4 and jailbreak? Or shall I directly go from 1.0.2 (virginized) to 1.1.4?

Also I'm guessing pwnage 2.0 can jailbreak and activate 1.1.4? Or do I need an older version?

i would just go from 1.0.2 to 1.1.4 and j/b with iliberty

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I would pwnage your phone

Thanks for the replies.... Does iLiberty have anything over pwnage 2.0?

Also can anyone point me to a guide for 1.0.2 to 1.1.4 upgrade with pwnage? That would be incredibly helpful

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Right... here is the guide for the pwning to 2.0. I THINK (Although I'm not 100% sure) that you can use this guide to help you.

All you have to do is restore your phone to 1.1.4. Then start following the guide from when you open Pwnage tools.

http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Pwnage_2.0_Guide

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Right... here is the guide for the pwning to 2.0. I THINK (Although I'm not 100% sure) that you can use this guide to help you.

All you have to do is restore your phone to 1.1.4. Then start following the guide from when you open Pwnage tools.

Pwnage 2.0 Guide - ModMyI - Wiki
    Thanks taniban, but I don't plan to go 2.0 yet. Just want to get to 1.1.4 unlocked and jailbroken. Once done with that I will take some time off till the dust settles and go to 2.0

What I want to know is, if it is possible to jailbreak and unlock the 1.1.4 firmware after upgrading from 1.0.2 (reverginized) using pwnage 2.0

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Sorry if my last post was a little misunderstanding, what I mean was you can jailbreak and unlock your iPhone using pwnage. All you have to do is find a way to restore to 1.1.4. and then pwn your iPhone without the upgrading to 2.0 step in the tutorial. The tutorial shows you how to pwn your phone regardless of what firmware it is... I THINK.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Taniban For This Useful Post:

Zer00 (2008-08-03)

Thanks

i'm up and running 1.1.4 using the guide here Guide: Unlock with pwnage Tool 1.1 (mac) in English | iPhoneguide.dk

It was so easy.... hail the dev team