Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FW1.1.2 Activated and Jailbroken "Unapproved Sim"

Default FW1.1.2 Activated and Jailbroken "Unapproved Sim"
    Hello,
    I bought my iPhone a few days ago. Its a fw1.1.2 OOB, and I downgraded to 1.1.1 and did the following steps: prefs://1, jailbreakme.com, oktprep, THEN i upgraded to fw1.1.2 and ran the jailbreak.bat file or w/e it is. NOW I did all of that with the 3G sim which came with the phone. I have had a plan with cingular/att/cingular/att for the past 4yrs and I thought this phone wouldnt need to be unlocked as I have an existing ATT Sim card. When I popped the sim which came with the phone out and placed my existing 4yr old sim in it says tht its not approved. IDK what to do. I phoned att, and I was apprehensive abt telling them of my recent activation&jailbreaking iphone fear, so I asked general Qs abt their new sims. That's the backdrop on my curent technological plight. Is there anyway to fix this so that my old sim will work on the iPhone? Would any experienced att users know if I could just take the new 3Gsim to a store and transfer my old info onto it?

What do I do?
    WHAT DO I DO?
    WHAT DO I DO?!?!

Thanks

did the sim that came with the iphone 1.1.2 otb....cause i have a 1.1.2 otb and cant seem to get it to work right.....when i downgrade it and jailbreak it i can never get it to activate....what guide did you use because i thught 1.1.2 otb wasn't downgradable.

um.. ..i used a TUAW guide I believe
    anyone knw how to get my phone to work?

Any engineers around? If I pop the shiny gold part of my OLD sim and . . . . . .. glue *cough* *cough* it to my new sim. .. . lol. . .will that work?

Or is there anyway to get my old sim to work?

Well all i can tell u is that u u might wanto to try to restore to 1.1.3 and try activating ur phone then
    you will only have to wait a month for jailbreaking again

so if i walk into an att store with my activated and jailbroken phone to get my sim checked out, will i get any weird looks, if u get wht i mean

Quote Originally Posted by Hotspur View Post
    so if i walk into an att store with my activated and jailbroken phone to get my sim checked out, will i get any weird looks, if u get wht i mean
    don't do that just go to the att store and tell them that you lost your SIM card so they can give u a new one AND DON"T UPDATE OR RESTORE TO 1.1.3 cause you can not jailbreaked or hactivated yet, so u will be stuck
    Last edited by fernandorinto; 2008-01-22 at 03:53 AM.