Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Taking iPhone back to shop for repair - need to downgrade from 2.0 to 1.1.4

Default Taking iPhone back to shop for repair - need to downgrade from 2.0 to 1.1.4
    Hi all,

My silencer switch broke on me the other day (just flaps about loose now, doesnt stay in on/off position when set), Ive been in touch with applecare on the phone and they've said even though it's an American iPhone I can try and take it back to a shop in the UK for repair under the warranty.

Basically, I presume I need to restore it back to factory settings. Should I just restore back to 1.1.4 using DFU mode and that's it, or do I need to follow one of these guides?:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...0-1-1-4-a.html

2.0 to 1.1.4 Downgrade - iPhone News & Review

Basically I know how to restore back to 1.1.4 (shift click and restore to the appropriate 1.1.4 ipsw file?) but I was wondering if there's anything else I need to do - do I need to change the baseband or something? I wasn't sure if that was just for downgrading when you want to rehack or not.

Many thanks for any help offered.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    if you restore it to 1.1.4 when you get to the apple store they are gonna give your iphone the latest firmware, which i believe is 2.0.you should restore to 2.0 before you walk out your door.then after you get a new phone then do the downgrade from 2.0 to watever firmware you wish.My ringer switch broke on my unlocked iphone and when 1.1.4 was the latest firmware i updated to that.Then i took it to the apple store and they replaced it.when i got home i unlocked it again.

Hi Ricky, thanks for the tip. I'll restore to a virgin 2.0 firmware and take that in tomorrow.

Cheers again.