Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Virginize? Crashing a lot.

Default 1.1.3 Virginize? Crashing a lot.
    I upgraded my jailbroken (but locked) 1.1.1 to 1.1.3. I didn't virginize before I upgraded. The upgrade went fine but the phone crashes a lot. Is there a way I can virginize (or clean up) the phone without downgrading?

Thanks Tony

did the same as you whats crashing? no problems with mine though

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Restore to 1.1.3. Again.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

It crashes in lots of little places: Some that come to mind: once when surfing, viewing photos, checking memory capacity, sometimes in iTunes.

did the same as you also except my phone was unlocked and my update went fi e and I didnt virginize I would try a restore before you virginize

this may be because the old jailbroken apps are still on the hard drive. The operating partition is only 300mb. I was down to 1mb left before using Boss Tools to move the apps to the other partition. Once I did that my phone stopped crashing. Correct me if I'm wrong but it might be similar to a virtual memory error.

Quote Originally Posted by trizzant View Post
    this may be because the old jailbroken apps are still on the hard drive. The operating partition is only 300mb. I was down to 1mb left before using Boss Tools to move the apps to the other partition. Once I did that my phone stopped crashing. Correct me if I'm wrong but it might be similar to a virtual memory error.
    That is one of the suspects. Does anyone know if there is a way to clean up the hard drive without downgrading from 1.1.3?