Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just updated to 1.12 using oktoprep and now everything is gone HELP!!! :(

Unhappy Just updated to 1.12 using oktoprep and now everything is gone HELP!!! :(
    I followed the method for 1.12 update... download and install oktoprep and then update using the 1.12 firmware found on the mmi now all my apps are gone including installer... is there a way to get my apps and all saved data back or am I screwed?

Ya your apps are gone. Whenever you do an upgrade you always have to reinstall the apps. Do you have the Installer.app or your main screen? Cause if not you have to start with 1.1.1 again, jailbreak it, install oktoprep and update to 1.1.2. Once it has finished you need to immediately close iTunes and run the Jailbreak.jar file found Here. Just follow the walk through guide if your still stuck.

Updated guide located Here

EDIT: Ya I re-read your post. You need to restore your firmware back to 1.1.1 and redo the process over again. Just make sure that immediately after the iPhone is done upgrading to 1.1.2 close out of iTunes. Better yet if you can, press the eject button first then close out. I've ran into the issue that if you let the iPhone reactivate itself you cannot get Installer.app back on to your screen without starting over. Check the guide above if your still stuck or feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by tux2k47; 2008-01-20 at 09:00 PM.