Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick Question About Downgrading 1.1.3

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Quick Question About Downgrading 1.1.3
    Hey with downgrading 1.1.3 im hearing the terms "downgrading baseband" and stuff, the last time i heard that was a while ago about unlocking and stuff which is dangerous when you want to upgrade to a higher firmware and stuff. With just downgrading 1.1.3 im not doing anything crazy right? If i wanted to i could downgrade my 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 and then just update right back to 1.1.3 without any problems right?
    iLive an iLife

Hello, do you get error 1 after trying to downgr?

I upgraded & unlocked 20+ iphones with little probs but now also ran into this error 1

Tried with FW 102, 111 and 112 restore-files and itunes 7.5 & 7.6 and yes, the phone was in DFU-mode.

However i managed to go back to 1.1.1 and jailbroken it..
    If this is also your problem, ill try to write down my steps

Cheers JC

Default Error 1 after tryin to downgr 1.1.3
    I'm on Mac-OS but it'll probably also work on Win (looks like error1 apears on Macs only, not sure)

This is what i did: i putted phone in dfu-mode (i always had trouble with the 'release pwer-button' thingy, so I always put the phone in the dock and keep pressing both buttons untill it jumps in recovery; always works for me)

Take your 1.1.1 FW-restore file, duplicate it and put one in you/library/itunes/iphone Software Updates If there is already a iPhone1,1_1.1.3_4A93_Restore.ipsw file in that location, trash it.

open itunes, click ok for version-check and click ok for 'found ph in recov-mode' Now click 'Restore' (not alt- or shift) and itunes should now start d/l'ng the firmware. WHILE itunes is d/ling go to your /library/itunes/iphone Software updates and now trash the file wich itunes is d/ling (iPhone1,1_1.1.3_4A93_Restore.ipsw.download or whatever) and rename your 1.1.1-restore to 'iPhone1,1_1.1.3_4A93_Restore.ipsw'

Now itunes restores the iPhone1,1_1.1.3_4A93_Restore.ipsw file, wich is actually the 1.1.1.
    When done and you connect the phone to itunes or independence they both will tell you the phone is on 1.1.3, however, now i was able to put it in restore again and downgrade to 1.1.1 in itunes without error1 take note: this time you'll have to use the alt-restore to locate the 1.1.1 FW (not the renamed one)

After this i had to do another restore to 1.1.1 , now again with restore-mode, alt-restore to 1.1.1
    Now independence kicked it out recovery and i could jailbraek as normal (i use the *#307# method)

Than run baseband downgrader and after it you can unlock with anySIM 1.2.1u

I really hopes this works for you and it are all of the needed steps, because i slapped my phone for one day with any kind of possible trick/up&downs..

Let me know if it works pls..

Cheers,

Johnny Crash

didnt work for me