Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Could anything else go wrong?

Default Could anything else go wrong?
    Ok, so i have been having all bad luck with my iphone. I jailbroke it myself on 1.1.2. it was working GREAT! My dad didn't like the thought of me doing it because the warranty wouldn't work after it. but i told him no matter what i can just restore it and they would never know....and now i am stuck buying a new iphone behind my dads back and trying to fix my old one...

It all started with the jailbreaking. it was awesome! I even had my dad jealous....but then i dropped the phone at school! speaker died, and the home button died. there was nothing i could do, had to restart every time i needed to get back to the springboard. Then i got home to hook it up to my computer to restore it so i could take it in to apple, and my computer doesn't recognize it. So i though i was even more screwed....
    Then i decided i will just uninstall all the apps, themes, and make it look as normal as possible so apple couldn't tell...so i got it all back to normal, and then i went into customize and made it so you couldn't view the customize icon, or the installer icon....BIG MISTAKE!!!!

I went into apple and mind you i couldn't get my phone to be recognized on my mac, pc-laptop, pc-desktop, or 3 different wall chargers...so i ran the battery all the way down also to make sure they couldn't see anything.
    Just my luck, they managed to get it to start charging, using a firewire connecter, figures....(but not have the computer recognize it) and who would of known if you uninstall all the themes they are still there if you had it set up in customize still...The stupid durecell batter showed up! and now they wont do anything about it!!!

Is there thing, anyway, or anyhow i can fix the old one, or at least restore it or make it so it doesn't turn on at all!?!?! i want to send it into applecare...But cant as long as that battery shows up.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lol...

I thought I had it bad... Which I do, but in your case, it's just all f**ed up

Put the phone inside the microwave for 5 seconds then put it in the freezer for about 2 minutes to get rid of the smell..... Go back and tell them the phone just stopped working...Did it before as my last resort, it worked, they replaced it.

But goodluck man
    Last edited by teomabanta; 2008-01-20 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teomabanta View Post
    Lol...

Put the phone inside the microwave for 5 seconds then put it in the freezer for about 2 minutes to get rid of the smell..... Go back and tell them the phone just stopped working...Did it before as my last resort, it worked, they replaced it.
    Are you being serious??? because if so i am going to have that be my last resort...hah! but i want to see if there are any other ways....thanks!