Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Loop problem.

aenema6x
    Default Loop problem.
    I have one of my iphones here, I had got it in 1.0, finally updated to 1.1.1, found out about jailbreaking, apps, ect. did that, oktopreped to 1.1.2, now since 1.1.3 came out I'd figure I would take a look at that (I don't know what I was thinking, bad idea.) Anywho I saw the stupid "Other data" thing in iTunes and figured it was stuff left over from my apps. So I attempted to downgrade. I don't remember what tutorial I used but I put the phone in DFU mode in 1.1.1 and downgraded to 1.0.2. I tried to "free my phone" with iBrickr but it kept going and going. Yellow triangle, then with a blue background behind it, Darwin Kernel(I think?), then restart. I closed iBrickr and restarted my phone (Like iBrickr says to do in that situation). Reopened it and connected my phone to the dock. Right after that it started the freeing process again and I didn't tell it to do so. Now I'm stuck in a loop every time I try to connect to the computer. I can stop the loop on the phone by a hard restart but soon as I connect same thing happens again. Any suggestions?

*Edit* Ok it seems I need to figure out how to force DFU Mode. When I connect it'll loop again.
    *2* iBrickr or AppTapp installer somehow fixed it (I had Apptap runing to download the 1.0.2 firmware) But I noticed it stop right after I clicked boot the phone in iBrickr. It's on the blue screen with the yellow triangle, itunes recognizes the device but I'm not sure if I should restore 1.0.2 or just forget about the whole thing and revert to 1.1.3

It's out of the loop, I have it into the mode with the connect to itunes thing. Ibrickr won't boot it but I'm sure I can find a solution here. Man I feel dumb for not even knowing about DFU and stuff till now. These forums are a great help.
    Last edited by aenema6x; 2008-01-20 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aenema6x For This Useful Post:

locominds (2008-02-01)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Check the very top sticky for an indepth guide of downgrading to 1.1.2 with phone, text, etc all working
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

locominds (2008-02-01)

HELP!

My iphone is in a continual rebooting loop, i've tried the Home and Sleep button a hundred times but when it connects to iTunes the iphone just rebooting and flashes lots of DOS type writing across the screen.

iPhone displays the "connect to iTunes" for only 5 seconds before rebooting again - so I cannot restore. The same thing with ibrickr as soon as i plug the iphone in it goes into this booting loop.

I hope somebody can help!?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 2commakid For This Useful Post:

locominds (2008-02-01)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2commakid View Post
    HELP!

My iphone is in a continual rebooting loop, i've tried the Home and Sleep button a hundred times but when it connects to iTunes the iphone just rebooting and flashes lots of DOS type writing across the screen.

iPhone displays the "connect to iTunes" for only 5 seconds before rebooting again - so I cannot restore. The same thing with ibrickr as soon as i plug the iphone in it goes into this booting loop.

I hope somebody can help!?
    Please check which iTunes version you're using. As we known, iTunes 7.6 always interrupt jailbeak.exe, so you must use only version 7.5 for Jailkreaking.

Here is the download link for iTunes 7.5

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....nes75Setup.exe

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keng230 For This Useful Post:

2commakid (2008-02-01), locominds (2008-02-01), mpk140 (2008-04-26)

Unfortunately vista 64bit version doesn't like iTunes75 - I tried and it complained - unable to get out of the same loop as described earlier. I can read but realised I shouldn't play (with my iPhone that is). Some of these posts are interesting to read and other don't make much sense to me, and from what I read not much to a lot of others either. One day Apple in Australia (and other countries) will get off their backsides and give us proper telco access to these great phones.