Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OHHHHH CRAP. So I might have messed up.

Banned
    Thanks

Default OHHHHH CRAP. So I might have messed up.
    Ok so I am unlocking this phone but for some reason right in the middle of the baseband downgrade i hit the home button and it stops. now i have no IMIE and can't access WiFi and I have no ICCID or Modem FIrmware. This has happened to be me before but I forgot what I did and when i try to restore or downgrade the firmware it gets stuck on the "Waiting for iPhone" thing. I dont want to just restore without DFU mode cuz then i have to update to 1.1.3 and since I am unlocking with an hyper card it wont unlock the 1.1.3 baseband and for what i know thats not downgradable yet. this phone has to be done by tomorrow. ANY IDEAS??

Update: I resotred the phone and it is now at 1.1.1. However, it will not let me dial *#307# but i am restoring again but this time with an AT&T sim inside it. it was never in it before. ALso, my IMEI and ICCID is unknown. Also, a message keeps popping up saying, "iphone can not make or recieve calls. repair needed"
    Last edited by fat x nub; 2008-01-19 at 10:51 PM.

Unhappy im in the same hole
    ok, i have the same problem.... any ideas????

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Restore to 1.1.3. This will effectively virginize. Then use the stickied Downgrading Tutorial to downgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbreak.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fat x nub View Post
    Ok so I am unlocking this phone but for some reason right in the middle of the baseband downgrade i hit the home button and it stops. now i have no IMIE and can't access WiFi and I have no ICCID or Modem FIrmware. This has happened to be me before but I forgot what I did and when i try to restore or downgrade the firmware it gets stuck on the "Waiting for iPhone" thing. I dont want to just restore without DFU mode cuz then i have to update to 1.1.3 and since I am unlocking with an hyper card it wont unlock the 1.1.3 baseband and for what i know thats not downgradable yet. this phone has to be done by tomorrow. ANY IDEAS??

Update: I resotred the phone and it is now at 1.1.1. However, it will not let me dial *#307# but i am restoring again but this time with an AT&T sim inside it. it was never in it before. ALso, my IMEI and ICCID is unknown. Also, a message keeps popping up saying, "iphone can not make or recieve calls. repair needed"
    downgrade to 1.0.2
    install bsd subsystem and terminal via ibrick
    and iunew again ... be sure you got the right nor file.
    Then upgrade to 1.1.2 and you'll have IMEI Wi-Fi etc.
    TRust me .. it worked..
    i got the same thing after using the tutorial on i.unlock ... with that wrong nor.. i found the good one and it works
    iPhone 1.1.2 8GB
    Orange/Cosmote RO.
    Fully functional!

Favorites: Categories, ShowTime Unlimited, CameraPro + crack , iSMS, Listen

...and don't forget the thanks button

Seems to me u have a big problem
    i would take the earlier advice

Default is repaird....
    ok i maneged to repair the phone... i restored to 1.1.3 twice in a row but now is fine... the only problem is that i only can downgrade to 1.0.2 eny other and i joust cant take it oute of recovery mode.... (sorry for the inglish i usualy onlly speek spanish)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

As crazy as this May Sound i did what you did to my phone But on purpus.... on a tes phone

while downgrading the basband i reseted the phone . then went into setting had everything missing like you have.

1 - - when you try #307*# it doesn't dial .. but if you Hold the Key just for little Longer it Dials

2 - - The easiest way to fix is

put it in DFU mode >> Run ibrikr >>ibrikr will tell you to Restore Via itunes (7.5) >>SHIFT method to restore to 1.0.2 >> once restored - Use ibrikr to boot up the device - Do *37 trick again jus if ur wondering...

now run jailbreak >>after successfull jailbreak >> use lockdown to activate ur phone >>put it in usr/lexee (something similar to lxe that the only folder thats spelled with l x e )

reboot the phone >> then Run App Snapp .. (i tried to go up to 1.1.1 jailbreak it didn't work ).. thats why i had to go to 1.0.2 and run app snap . now you should have installer >> you can donwgrade ur baseband to 1.0.2 state if u wannt to b on the safe then update it to 1.1.1 so on ....

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    Restore to 1.1.3. This will effectively virginize. Then use the stickied Downgrading Tutorial to downgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbreak.
    I restored my (1.0.2 OTB) iphone to 1.1.3. But my phone iphone still crashes EVERY TIME I try to check my drive space using setttings":"general":"about". You mentioned that restoring to 1.1.3 effectively virginizes your iPhone. What's the difference between effectively and "actuallY" Do you have any suggestions?