Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Big problems! Please help!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Big problems! Please help!
    Hi,

Having some difficulty with my phone... and now I'm kind of worried!

I was having issues with my sim unlocked 1.1.2 phone (upgraded from 1.1.1 using the guide from this site). I tried to downgrade to 1.1.1 with the intent of re-doing the upgrade to 1.1.2. So, I downgraded the firmware to 1.1.1, ran the baseband downgraded, and the virginizer. 1.1.1 worked fine. I then tried to upgrade to 1.1.2. I ran into some difficulties with the unlock process after I restored to 1.1.2. I was frustrated and didn't want to go through all this crap again, and finally said screw it, and just decided to go back to 1.1.1.

But now I seem unable to restore any of the firmware files EXCEPT for 1.1.2!! I get the error "Unable to restore firmware. An unknown error has occured (1611)." This is not the usual error you see when you downgrade the firmware. The firmware never even tries to downgrade, it only unzips the files, and then the error comes up. I can restore the 1.1.2 firmware, but that doesn't do me much good!

Any help would be appreciate... At this point I don't care about 1.1.2, I just want my phone to work again!

I'm using iTunes 7.6 if that helps... modem firmware currently shows up as 04.02.13_G. (1.1.2) I purchased the phone in September off ebay, and it was 1.0.0 OTB.

Thanks!

-Alex

What happens when I try to install 1.1.1, or 1.0.2, is that the phone just reboots, over and over, maybe 3 or 4 times. Then I get the error "Unable to restore iPhone. An unknown error has occured (1611).

I tried downgrading to iTunes 7.4 (from 7.6) no luck.

EEK!
    Last edited by ASar08; 2008-01-18 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost