Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: An unknown error occurred (13).

Default An unknown error occurred (13).
    The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (13).

Can't restore with custom IPSW or factory downloaded in iTunes?

I can't find anything anywhere on this unknown error(13).

I am getting the same exact problem, does anyone have a solution to this? I am stuck using v1 firmware since I cannot upgraded to the 2.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by iceman3699 View Post
    I am getting the same exact problem, does anyone have a solution to this? I am stuck using v1 firmware since I cannot upgraded to the 2.0.1
    I restored it on another machine (XP 32bit) and it worked, I'm assuming my problem was vista x64 as that is the only diff between the two machines.

Try restoring it on another machine or take it to apple store and say "WTF I went to use my phone and its not working!" and they will restore it for you.

to those of u getting errors when trying to upgrade to the latest firmware, here is how u can do away with those errors (or at least we hope, lol). i had 1600, 1601 & 1605 errors.it is IMPORTANT that u r able to set ur iphone:ipod touch in DFU mode. there r a lot of posts here dedicated to tell u how or u can look on youtube for a video explination. it took me a few times, but i got it with the help of the video. now let's assume u was able to create ur custom firmware ok. u should have the latest version of itunes.
    --connect iphone:ipod touch to computer and kick it in DFU mode.
    --once itunes recognizes it click the 'update' button or what ever it is u use to load ur firmware.
    --DO NOT use ur custom made firmware yet, download it if need be, but install the firmware from itunes self. let it go thru it's processes.
    --once that is done, u will now have the new firmware on ur phone, but can't use it, YET
    --now load up your custom firmware u made with pawnage. let it do it's thing.
    --u will see it working when the custom image pop's up onto ur iphone.
    --just wait for the iphone to finish it's thing and u will have ur phone back with the latest updates!

i have Cydia and the newest installer on my iphone 2G. so far no problems with nothing! app store works great as well. i wish u all luck that were unable to update ur iphones:ipod touch
    i hope what i said here helps u! oh btw, when creating ur custom firmware make sure u set the broad band i think it's called to something like 512. (it's the last tab on ur pwanage program, GL ALL!)

My phone had the same unknown error occured 13 and i could not find anything on the net to help fix this problem so i started tinkering with my phone a little, and found that if u have ur phone plugged into itunes and hold the home button for five secs then without letting go of home button hold the power button as well for ten more seconds then release power button only and cont. holding home button for approx 10 or 15 seconds it will allow you to restore the factory settings in your iphone. this is the new version.

So you did what the previous post said and put it in DFU mode and restored....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Default Jailbreak issues
    iphone could not be restored. unknown error occurred 13. I got this message when I tried to jailbreak my #G phone. it has crashed and now only shows either the apple alone, or when connected to the computer, the itunes sign with the USB connection.
    Last edited by Chalwaah; 2009-08-07 at 11:43 AM.

So put it in DFU and restore.

Putting an email address in a public forum is a great way to get SPAM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Chalwaah (2009-08-07)

how do you put in in DFU?

Thanx for the heads up on the email BTW......the phone is virtually inactive. It doesn't go pass the apple sign, or the itunes connection sign when connected

It's stuck in restore mode.
    Last edited by Chalwaah; 2009-08-07 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Go to iClarified.com and read the tutorials.

I've been doin that, but can't seem to find anything so far on it being stuck in restore mode

I'm sorry, but this does not help because the phone is stuck in restore mode. When not connected it only shows the apple sign. When conected to the computer, it shows the itunes connecvtion which signify restore mode

In what way does that link not help? If you follow the instructions you will be able to restore.

download quickpawn and hold power and home button and then try upgrading it back it should work i just tried it 12/10/2009

If anyone is getting this error still (I just got it today) You may also want to try running itunes as an admin, I tried it and it worked the first time so..

I just experienced this error. I was plugging the iPhone to an USB hub initially, now I got it fixed by plugging it directly into a port from my desktop.

is this hacktivated?

i need help badly.......
    i tried to jailbreak my iphone 4 with limerain and my iphone never restored now when i try to restore it i keep getting this message.
    (the iphon "iphone" could not be restored an unkown error occurred (3194)
    what do i doo????