Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Think I messed up my 2.0 iPhone (non-3G)

Default Think I messed up my 2.0 iPhone (non-3G)
    I think I accidentally bricked my iPhone. I tried using WinPwn to do the unlock/jailbreak on it but I think I went through the process as if my phone were the 3G version. I did select to do the bootloader upgrade thing from the menu and checked 3.9 and 4.6. Now the phone is in recovery mode and an iTunes restore fails with the error 1600. Please help!

Update... using OSX I was able to get the iPhone working again and Cydia is installed. Only problem i'm having now is that I get absolutely no service. In areas I used to get full bars I get "No Service" now. I've already put the sim in and checked it out and it looked good.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by ms3iphone; 2008-07-28 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

same situation... I try to recover it again, but I aways get 1604 and iphone keeps on apple-logo-startup screen.
    And it doesn't startup anymore.

I used OSX in order to get the phone working again but now my problem is that I have "No Service". I've taken the sim card out and put it back in a few times and that hasn't seemed to solve the problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Download bootneuter from Cydia and reflash your baseband.

yes reflash the baseband and are you sure the unlock baseband option was checked when you used pwnage?
    Who uses signatures these days???

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

If you are a legit iphone user do not check activate when building ispw.

Quote Originally Posted by nseeker View Post
    same situation... I try to recover it again, but I aways get 1604 and iphone keeps on apple-logo-startup screen.
    And it doesn't startup anymore.
    You must not have it in DFU mode when installing.

DFU - DFU - DFU - DFU
    Last edited by JAG2621; 2008-07-29 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

on BootNeuter do I want to use the 3.9 or 4.6? 2.0 (Non-3G) iPhone 16gb?

I went with the 4.6 and I have reception and everything seems to be running fine, except for the fact that I have no sound!. Keyboard typing produces nothing audible, as well as anyone calling me or selecting ringtones to play

no one knows?
    Last edited by ms3iphone; 2008-07-30 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ms3iphone View Post
    on BootNeuter do I want to use the 3.9 or 4.6? 2.0 (Non-3G) iPhone 16gb?

I went with the 4.6 and I have reception and everything seems to be running fine, except for the fact that I have no sound!. Keyboard typing produces nothing audible, as well as anyone calling me or selecting ringtones to play

no one knows?
    I think I know what's wrong. When you adjust the sound up/down with the buttons on the side of the phone, does it say "Headphones?" If so, try plugging in headphones, playing a song, and then unplugging them.
    Last edited by Numberzz; 2008-07-30 at 01:34 AM.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS