Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can you or can you not downgrade 1.1.3 iphone

Default Can you or can you not downgrade 1.1.3 iphone
    If so how?
    Thanks

I read almost all the preveous tut's none worked

I have heard that it could be as simple as connecting your iphone/itouch in recovery mode by holding down the home button then connecting it to itunes then just restore using an older firmware. I have yet to try this myself so I cannot confirm. I will wait and see where it goes before I try anything.

edit, this only works for the itouch, sorry.
    Last edited by djrbx; 2008-01-18 at 06:25 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

It can be downgraded to 1.0.2 and then jailbroken/upgraded to 1.1.2 again. problem is the modem firmware remains the new 1.1.3 version even once downgraded, basically anysim will no longer work. I also think that this locks out stuff like turbosim, but I am not for 100% sure on this.

I was on a jailbroken 1.02 and wanted to upgrade to 1.11 just to update the phone and get some new apps. Seeing that there were numerous tutorials..i did one and it screwed the phone up. To where it just showing the apple logo and shutting off..kept cylcling that over and over. So I just broke down and upgraded to 1.13 and the phone started working again. But 1.13 is boring...so i look forward to a WORKING tutorial that downgrades 1.13 or hopefully the jailbreak for 1.13 leaks.