Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is version 2.0 really worth the hastle?

Default Is version 2.0 really worth the hastle?
    As the title says, is software version 2.0 eally worth the hastle over 1.1.4?

I recently jailbroke my 2g iphone using iliberty+ and I must say it works absolutley fine. I have been waiting for the release of Winpwn for 2.0 but I must admit on reading all the isues some people are having I am starting to doubt if upgrading is worth the hastle...

If someone could let me know a near as damn it foolproof way or upgrading my iliberty+ jailbroken 1.1.4 to version 2.0 this may change my mind as I am a little nervous on how to go from here.

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

well iv had no problems so far
    i pwned using xwinpwn
    my youtube was working from pwnage (no patch needed)
    u get tons of apps not availble from cydia/installer
    springing the springboard very rarely happens as it updates as it goes
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

WinPwn is foolproof if you can read directions.

most issues were fixed with the two updates that came out the day after winpwn was released make sure you use version 2.0.0.3 or above and you should be fine the app store is cool its got lots of free apps but it up to you if you wana way because cydia only has a few apps on it while programers update there programs to work on 2.0

can I winpwn straight from where my iphone is now ( jailbroken iliberty+ 1.1.4)? I have no problems with instructions, just want to make sure the correct procedure for my situation.

Thanks

yep no more preping the jailbreaking game has come a long way you can just go straight to 2.0 using winpwn

although i do recommend syncing with itunes first because you will have to restore with the 2.0 firmware and lose anything that isn/t synced to itunes.

I have 2.0 on my 1gen iPhone and I have no complains at all, works much better than previous versions.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

only things stopping me, is iphonevideorecorder and swirlyMMS. i NEED these two in order for me to jump. customize and summerboard i can wait for but eventually want. most games or apps that we usually use are already ported to appstore for free/cheap anyway. its these 4 apps i want so bad
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

just followed the instructions on iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0 2G iPhone (Windows) exactly and was left with a completely dead phone. Luckily I managed to reset it by entering DFU and get it going again. Any ideas wht I am doing wrong???

did u purchase the iphonevideorecorder or do u have the evaluation version?