Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Youtube not working after jailbreaking

Default Youtube not working after jailbreaking
    Could anyoen tell me what i could do to fix this probelm, like the videos just doesnt load and it says movie will not load, is there any way i could fix this?

Help plz and thank you and anyone find out any iphone recorder that u could use forever n free?

Bump, i am using the youtube fix from ilibertiy but it doesnt seem to work, i tried it about 5 times and i have no other ideas could someone just help me, tyvm and is there a guide on how to install and use summer boards?
    Last edited by NightWing; 2008-07-28 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

In my experience jailbreaking with iLiberty on Windows doesn't fix the youtube issue... even when you use the "fix". I suggest using winpwn.

Still cant get youtube to work... It keeps saying cannot connect to youtube. Anyone got any other ideas???

Sorry no idea either? I am on AT&T and before jailbreak no prob with Youtube, but after jailbreak its not working. Only idea is to check the youtube fix while creating custom ipsw is winpwn?

I followed the directions of this link and replaced these files and added the activation file which was not in my iphone, reset the settings and Youtube started working!
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/03/y...-fix.html#more
    Last edited by MrWang; 2008-07-29 at 03:32 AM. Reason: FiX

well the thing is when i tried to connect to winscp my internet doesnt connect, so thast y i couldnt fix it. I have wi fi so ya any other ideas or how i could get this internet to connect? Here was what i did, i jailbroken with iliberty+ like the other post said and everything works fine but jsut youtube. I tried to do the youtube fix with iliberty but it didnt work, i also tried the youtube activitor for 1.1.4 that didnt work. My phone is 1.1.4 unlock and jailbroken. I reboot my iphone everytime i install somethingfor youtube so it works but nothing working......

If anyoen got any success on fixing youtube with different ways plz post them here or give ideas and tyvm.
    Last edited by NightWing; 2008-07-29 at 11:57 AM.

Default how about this?
    I am having the same issue, but additionally, i don't have installer application on my spring board.

I read online that people were using winscp (sp?) to get into the iphone from their computer.
    Once you can do that, there is a piece of code that you replace with a give one and some users are saying this fixed you tube.

i'm screwed cause without installer, i can't open SSH to get in from computer.

i may upgrade from 1.1.4 to 2.0 (on my unlocked/jailbroken/activated 1 gen 8 gig iphone). although thinking of reinstalling 1.1.4 and unlocking with WinPWN (sp?) and then upgrading to 2.0.

i think that since I used ziphone that going to 2.0 will not work correctly. we will see...

(can't find the link for the mentioned fix above).. but....

try this .. Step-By-Step Guide to JailBreak iPhone Firmware 1.1.4 using ZiPhone and to Fix the YouTube Problem - iPhone Hacks

looks like they got it from here... 1.1.4 Youtube Fix! - iPhone Hacks Forums

please let everyone know if either of these helped.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nicphone For This Useful Post:

NightWing (2008-07-31)

I'm having the same problem, and no one seems to know how to fix it. I had a 2.0, 1st gen iPhone when I started to jailbreak it. I unchecked Youtube fix, since I was a At&T customer and everything worked perfectly, but Youtube.

YESSSSSS I FIXED IT!!!! FINALLY youtube works! All u need is to follow the link that nicphone provided and ur good to go. Just follow it and it would work. It listes the things u need to download so if anyone has any youtube "cannot connect" just do this and it would work.
    Last edited by NightWing; 2008-07-31 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost