Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!- Iphone Meltdown

Unhappy Help!- Iphone Meltdown
    Upgraded my unlocked iphone this week to the latest update (or was until 2 days ago) Worked great.

Then suddenly my reception no longer worked, my wifi became unavailable and just yesterday my phone would only display the "connect to itunes" symbol.

Attempted to restore but it neither works on window or mac (keeps saying a problem occured with the Iphone) The Phone seems to be completly dead! Any advice would be great!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Uh oh. Have you restored from DFU mode...? If possible, get to 1.0.2 and virginize...
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Yes It wouldnt work. It seems that no restore is taking. And now it always shows battery even after a full charge!

A friend suggested that I attempt the new update and then just wait a while for new software to jailbreak with but I am assuming that will just result in a brick.

Situation seems dark!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you using AT&T? That is very strange that this would happen, seems like it somehow "lost" the jailbreak and is in factory mode. If you are not using AT&T I wouldn't use the updates, as it will just lock you out of a soft unlock (maybe for good). Just keep trying to restore. Are you able to get it into DFU mode?