Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What is the advantage of updating unlocked 1st gen to 2.0?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default What is the advantage of updating unlocked 1st gen to 2.0?
    I am just wondring why everyone with an unlocked 1st gen is trying to update to 2.0 from older firmwares? What is the real advantage to this? Doesn't erase all your apps & make it so your not able to re-download all the ones you had? Someone please let me know.Thanks ahead of time.
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

You then have access to App Store apps and a number of little improvements and tweaks. Older firmwares, additionally, won't be supported by the jailbreak community.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Ben View Post
    You then have access to App Store apps and a number of little improvements and tweaks. Older firmwares, additionally, won't be supported by the jailbreak community.
    Yeah but there is no unlock for 2.0 @ this point, & if your on 1.1.4 won't all the apps your running be erased & the phone relocked if you update? I think the apps I've collected over the past 8 months have my phone setup perfectly & would lose everything & have to start over if I updated. Probably not even being able to get most of them back... Or am I wrong? I am just confused why people would lose all there apps just ot get a few new tweaks?
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva

Default No real answer to your question...
    Quote Originally Posted by infamous12550 View Post
    I am just confused why people would lose all there apps just ot get a few new tweaks?
    There is a full list of new features in 2.0...do a Google (or MMi) search and you'll easily find it. Not sure which "few new tweaks" you're already familiar with, so it's difficult to answer your question exactly.

There are certainly some people who are laying back in the 1.1.4 like you - so there's not really a global answer to your question. But either way clearly has tens of thousands of supporters.

Bottom line: it's up to you to decide what to do with your iPhone!
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jwcrash For This Useful Post:

infamous12550 (2008-07-26)